IT Support Analyst
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure team productivity by providing IT helpdesk support to a rapidly expanding global company. You will enable the company to grow at scale by collaborating with your team and other departments to ensure the support process is efficient and effective.
- Provide IT support for a global team of staff via email, telephone, face to face, chat and remote assistance.
- Administer the IT service management system and provide timely response or escalation of incidents within service levels timeframes
- Install and configure IT hardware, software, and user accounts for new starters, including remote setup for team members based outside of Sydney head office.
- Support the deployment of new systems and manage/support IT projects as required
- Support and maintain cybersecurity compliance
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our IT documentation and policies
- Manage IT assets, including asset registers, storage, and repairs
- Install, configure, and maintain company computers running Windows and Linux desktop operating systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting end-user hardware and software issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Information technology tertiary qualification or relevant industry certifications
- 2+ Years of relevant IT help desk / support experience
- Experience working in a security-critical environment is desirable
- Excellent customer service soft skills; Active listening, patience, empathy, communication, problem-solving, adaptability and time management
- Microsoft Windows 10 and 11 desktop operating system
- Linux (Ubuntu) desktop operating system
- Knowledge of Command Line Interface (CLI) management (cmd, PowerShell, terminal and bash script)
- Microsoft Active Directory user, group, and policy administration
- Google Workspace user administration
- Network connectivity troubleshooting of end-user computing devices
- Well-developed analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, with ability to execute quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and precision in delivering high quality work
- Problem-solving network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.)
- Experience administering mobile device management (MDM) solutions.
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Proficiency using ITIL based service management ticketing systems.
- Installing and rectifying audio/video conferencing systems and collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of security best practices for OS, network, system, and applications
- Experience with server operating systems (Windows and Linux), virtualisation, security controls and policy, hybrid (cloud and on-site) hosting of internal and client facing services is desirable
- Understanding of security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, NIST, or ASD Essential 8 is desirable
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?