Application Support Engineer - Navigation systems
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Advanced Navigation is the world’s most determined innovator in AI robotics and navigation technologies across land, air, sea and space applications.
Founded on a culture of research and discovery, Advanced Navigation's mission is to be the catalyst of the autonomy revolution. Fields of expertise include artificial intelligence, underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, NASA, Apple, and General Motors.
Discover it for yourself: https://youtu.be/F7uAqs1gtuk
Overview of Position
Our customer support team is focused on providing expert technical advice, problem analysis, and application support to new and existing customers. This role will be involved in troubleshooting complex software/hardware issues, as well as writing a variety of technical knowledge articles and reports. You will also be involved in testing various applications as well as travel nationally/globally for specialised support/sales opportunities and to conduct training for existing customers and on-boarding new clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Research, resolve, and respond to a variety of customer technical issues, while also liaising with our engineering team to resolve software and hardware bugs discovered during support investigations
- Support the sales team by meeting with our most important customers in person, and preparing them for customer engagements
- Collaborating with the Sales Team on the qualification, development and execution with the company’s technical solutions that meet and exceed the customer’s application and opportunities
- Manage and maintain the dedicated regional loan pool in collaboration with Sales Operations
- Analyse and problem solve high-level complex issues and provide in-depth technical assistance to account executives, engineers, and product managers.
- Create and maintain internal and external support documentation including policies, standard operating procedures, guidelines, knowledge articles and customer facing tools (GUI’s and SDK’s etc.)
- Develop and nurture successful long-term relationships with our customers by creating a best-in-class customer experience
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree in mechatronics or relevant discipline
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution/Application/Support Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role, preferably with experience supporting surveying, maritime, or robotic market segments
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- A dedication to delivering a great customer experience while being a creative problem-solver in response to technical, product, and business questions
- Experience working in support environments using integrated CRM systems as well as tools such as Matlab for data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, driven to work quickly, strong attention to detail
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.