Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy is a leader in the fraud prevention space. We help some of the most innovative banks and fastest growing fintech companies grow and scale operations by allowing them to find more good customers and onboard them without increasing the risk of fraud.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, and Best Place to Work by Built in NYC year after year.
Check out our investors and read more about us here.
About the team
Alloy operates in a hybrid-work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our local employees onsite twice a week, and remote employees onsite once a quarter.
The Finance team at Alloy owns the management, control, and reporting of financial and managerial metrics as well as the stewardship and deployment of capital at the company. At Alloy, we are focused on creating experiences and integrations for our customers that enable them to make changes at the speed of fraud.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, we're rapidly growing and looking for a Procurement Director who will be a key collaborator and contributor to the greater Alloy organization. This role will assist in further defining and scaling the procurement function. This role will be heavily collaborative with key functions at Alloy, providing opportunities to work closely with senior leaders. This role will be working in a fast-paced environment filled with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will assist in further defining and scaling the procurement function. We're looking for a Procurement Director who will be a key collaborator and contributor to the greater Alloy organization. This role will be heavily collaborative with key functions at Alloy, providing opportunities to work closely with senior leaders. You will be working in a fast-paced environment filled with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. The day to day will include:
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term procurement systems, processes, and strategies to support the organization's business plans
- Opportunity to facilitate both direct and indirect purchasing working directly with stakeholders across the organization to establish clear success criteria
- Closely collaborating with Accounting, Compliance, FP&A, and Legal to create and enforce policies and procedures that reduce friction in the business while managing an appropriate level of risk
- Managing requisitions through the procurement flow and providing timely communication with business stakeholders for an effective and seamless experience
- Understanding and balancing internal stakeholder priorities in order to lead negotiations to secure optimal pricing and terms and conditions to drive P&L value
- Increasing procurement value-add through establishing best practices for competitive vendor analysis, duplicative vendor identification, and strategic and risk-based priority assessments
- Working with business stakeholders to identify high-risk or significant vendor deployments requiring increased collaboration among departments
- Establishing ongoing vendor management processes including vendor renewals, vendor offboarding, managing due diligence requests, and proactive pricing negotiations
- Improving procurement data and vendor data hygiene
- 5+ years of experience in a professional procurement capacity or other relevant experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility; startup experience is a plus
- Experience purchasing and scoping operational success requirements for 3rd Party Data vendors (KYC/AML/Fraud/Identity use cases)
- Experience purchasing and negotiating various indirect spend categories (B2B SaaS vendors, consultants, etc.) for a mid-size company
- Experience with cross-functional project management and comfortable communicating with senior leaders
- Prior procurement experience, including process/system improvement and implementation, vendor risk management, and vendor negotiation
- Experience reviewing basic contracts (NDAs, SOWs, Order Forms, etc.) is a plus
- Strong business acumen, ability to assess and exercise business judgment and proactively identify gaps and escalate risks
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ego-free and a strong collaborator, you value ideas and dialogue with people at all levels and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
At Alloy, we strive to attract and retain talent with a total rewards program that is competitive with other organizations of our size and stage. We are committed to ensuring each new team member has what they need to be successful in their role with a balanced range of compensation, equity, perks, and benefits. We actively share our philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering openness and clarity. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency in order to promote equity and monitor the fairness of outcomes.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: $139-187k base salary
Benefits and Perks
Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy
Medical, dental, vision plans with HSA (monthly employer contribution) and FSA options
401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual employee compensation with immediate eligibility and vesting
16 weeks parental leave
Home office stipend for new employees
Health & wellness monthly stipend
$1,000 learning & development annual stipend
5 free teletherapy sessions and Headspace membership
Well-being benefits including access to Carrot, Cleo, OneMedical, Gympass and more
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
Alloy’s Covid-19 Company Statement
Alloy does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which the company will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on-site for events, travel, and/or work in our New York City offices, those actions will be subject to any relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
At this time, Alloy is currently following compliance regulations with New York City’s Private Sector Mandate and is offering religious and medical accommodations for all eligible employees and visitors.
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.
Something looks off?