Staff Data Engineer
We are looking for someone who can own and execute on our data infrastructure vision. We are a rapidly growing company and the right candidate will be comfortable owning the technological vision and acting as a leader throughout Arkestro for all things data quality, data governance, ML operations, and data security. You will work closely with leaders in Data Science, Business Intelligence, Software Engineering, and Site Reliability to define and refine our Data Engineering roadmap so that we can continue to deliver world class, cutting edge data products as we scale and expand.
- Develop a clear vision for the Data Engineering team aligned with our company's goals and culture. Champion this vision inside and outside the DE team.
- Champion a user-centric mindset in the Data Engineering team: make it easy for data scientists to do the right thing
- Drive the adoption of best practices in data security, quality, and governance
- Own the company’s strategic roadmap for data and model infrastructure, data governance, data quality processes and monitoring
- Oversee the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Keep a startup mindset: ship early and collect feedback sooner than later
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Set clear expectations and clearly communicate project statuses to stakeholders throughout the company
- Communicate technical concepts and project statuses clearly to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading data engineers
- Experience designing and building data pipelines
- Experience with MLOps and supporting Data Scientists to ship models
- Strong understanding of our technical stack (AWS, Snowflake, dbt, python)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with OneSchema, ruby
- Knowledge of procurement and/or supply chain data industry and data models
- Prior experience in enterprise software
- Prior startup experience
Arkestro is committed to providing our employees with a benefits package designed to give you the flexibility you need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. Arkestro offers our employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and startup equity
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- We are highly supportive of flexible work hours
- We are a remote-first team, but we like to get together for team building, design sprints, and customer visits
- A one time allowance of $1,500 for home office supplies
- Annual budget of $1,000 for learning and development
- Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture
Please note this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Arkestro reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.