Business Implementation Consultant
About this Role
Our Business Implementation Consultant role is a key aspect of our services organization, working to ensure our customers have a successful implementation. Our customer experience and overall success starts with the onboarding journey, which this role will help scope and guide.
Our BICs are the type of people that once they find a problem, they cannot let go of that problem until they have found the right solution for the customer. This may require having expert knowledge of what the platform can do, but it may also require the ability to think outside the box and problem solve in new and creative ways. A BIC is an advocate for the customer and is willing to zealously defend the requirements of the customer, both internally and to the customer themselves.
Working for a Series A startup is not for everyone. It requires a desire to build from the ground up. That is easy to say and harder to do. It requires working long hours, working within ambiguity, and a selfless dedication to do whatever it takes to make the customer successful. However, the results, if you are the right minded person, are incredibly rewarding. Beyond potential financial gain, there is large personal growth with deep job satisfaction as you can step back and admire what you and the team built together.
- Review, analyze and evaluate existing customer’s procurement processes and templates in order to effectively map them to the Arkestro solution
- Act as lead across cross functional teams to prepare the overall project plan and drive it through successful completion
- Partner with business leads and IT team members to identify system or process improvements and enhancements. Be willing to challenge the status quo with new ideas and solutions
- Act as the primary point of contact for system based sustaining issues, product enhancements and change requests
- Provide training, mentoring, and overall knowledge transfer related to solution functionality as well as development and testing methodologies
Previous experience will include:
- Business Requirements Gathering & Analysis;
- Procurement solution design & implementation Execution;
- Organizational change management advisory;
- Functional and technical design documentation authoring;
- Subject Matter Expert for procurement or sourcing implementations;
- Cloud Operating Model design and organizational setup;
- Manage Product backlog and enhancement management;
- Design of technical solutions to facilitate cloud integration;
- Upskilling of team members and customers for solutions;
- Project resource and team management;
- Issue resolution and escalation management; and
- Program and supplier management
- US based.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as either a business implementation consultant, business analyst, or product manager. This includes periods of working onsite and remotely for customers.
- Procurement Expertise of process, tools, and overall landscape with systems such as: SAP Intelligent Spend (formerly Ariba), Coupa, Zycus, Jaggaer, Medius (Wax Digital), Ivalua, GEP, Basware, EC Sourcing, Market Dojo, Procure Port, Fairmarket, etc.
- Solves complex problems with meticulous attention to detail and exercises sound judgment based on analysis of multiple information sources
- Passionate to work with disruptive technology and be on the forefront of helping customers be successful
- Willing to travel 35% of the time or more, if the opportunity arises.
Arkestro is committed to providing our employees with a benefits package designed to give you the flexibility you need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. Arkestro offers our employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and startup equity
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- We are highly supportive of flexible work hours
- We are a remote-first team, but we like to get together for team building, design sprints, and customer visits
- A one time allowance of $1,500 for home office supplies
- Annual budget of $1,000 for learning and development
- Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture
Please note this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Arkestro reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.