Senior Android Mobile Software Engineer
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Android Software Engineer you’ll get to work on our brand new Bluevine Android Application.
In this role, you will:
- Build and architect state-of-the-art mobile applications using a variety of languages and tools
- Drive repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, and deploy it at scale
- Develop projects through their entire life cycle
- Review code work for accuracy, quality and functionality
- Explore industry trends and recommend technological opportunities
For this role you’ll have to bring:
- 5+ years in Android development
- Strong experience with Kotlin and Coroutines
- Good knowledge of Jetpack compose
- Strong experience in designing and developing scalable, reusable and testable components
- Experience integrating with server-side RESTful APIs
- Attention to detail, a strong sense of ownership, pride in the quality of one's work, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced development
Bonus points if you also have:
- Some experience with Flutter
New Hire Base Salary Range: $134,300 - $161,200
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?