Senior Fullstack Engineer
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is not a fully remote role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and follow a hybrid model.
About the Role:
Beautiful, intuitive user experiences are central to Bluevine’s mission of providing fast, flexible financial services. As a Senior Fullstack Engineer, you will work closely with our product managers and designers to design and build best-in-category responsive banking applications. You will develop tools using the most up-to-date technologies, and be part of a versatile team that consists of talented developers of backend and frontend oriented backgrounds.
What You'll Do
- Work on our flagship product - our Bluevine banking application
- Design and build complex, state-of-the-art, responsive banking applications using VueJS & Python
- Scale our banking application utilizing various methods such as Micro Frontend
- Work with product managers to develop compelling product roadmaps and features
- Work with designers to find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building fast, reliable, scalable web applications
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with various testing frameworks (e.g. Jest)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of Python with experience in Flask/Django or similar framework
- Strong sense of design and attention to detail
- Experience with responsive design development
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Nice To Haves
- Working knowledge of front-end build tools like Webpack and Vite
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Experience with cloud service providers such as aws
- Experience working with relational Databases (e.g. SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
New Hire Base Salary Range: $144,100.00 to $172,900.00
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities