Assistant Apparel Designer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2019
Dolls Kill is a global fashion brand that empowers everyone to celebrate their individuality. We currently have over 10 million social media followers including some of the most influential personalities in music, art, pop culture and fashion. We’re also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world’s next great consumer brands.
Our team is growing quickly and we are hiring across many functions. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Dolls Kill crew.
Named "The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US", Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About The Role
The Assistant Designer will support the Design team in developing Dolls Kill in-house products across all categories. A knowledge and love for the brand is a plus!
- Work closely with the Design Team and support in all areas of the design room
- Create flat sketches based on existing bodies and hand sketches as well as tech packs and revision notes using Adobe Illustrator
- Checking in fabric submits, emailing overseas vendors.
- Maintain sample library of original samples, proto samples, production samples and material/trim swatches
- Track samples and maintain WIPS by communicating with factories and entering costing information as it comes in.
- Perform other general design room duties as required
- Understanding of our unique aesthetic and lifestyle
- College degree in Fashion Design required
- 1-3 years industry experience in fashion design required (apparel, footwear and/or bags/accessories)
- Ability to sketch computerized vector flats in Adobe Illustrator
- Tech pack experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and hard work ethic