Quality Engineer I
At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
What will this person own?
As Quality Engineer-I, they will be responsible for ensuring product quality and test coverage. They will identify test dependencies and plans during feature grooming/estimation with developers and stakeholders. They will be hands-on in manual tests and automation and participate with the team in daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and code reviews. They will be also participating in defining test strategy, manual testing, and bug verification.
What will this person spend their time doing?
- Design and develop test cases based on functional requirements and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results.
- Troubleshoot, and identify defects through standard techniques such as debugging, profiling, logging
- Log analysis via Splunk, tracing reproduction steps, and using tools such as FullStory to replay user sessions
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, project scoping, technical reviews, and test specifications for all team projects in an Agile environment.
- Capture and communicate quality data and metrics to provide insights and impact.
- Review and debug user feedback and include them in test strategy and communicate with the team.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in software testing with an understanding of manual and automation testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Experience in manual backend API testing and API automation.
- Experience in identifying automatable test cases and automating them using tools like Selenium/Cypress.
- Experience in working with Jenkins or any CI/CD pipeline.
- Knowledge of developing test strategies and test cases, engaging in exploratory testing, and creating and managing defects.
- They can independently work on projects involving test plans and test practices with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication skills and ability to create detailed documentation.
- Experience working in FinTech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?