Director, Talent Acquisition - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower students with financial support and supercharge their ability to pay down their debt so they can get on the right financial track fast.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
The Director of Talent Acquisition position will report to the Chief People Officer.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will:
- Be responsible for the strategy, execution, and management of the full-lifecycle Talent Acquisition process including employer branding, analytics, DEIB, talent operations, project management, sourcing, recruitment, and more! We need someone who can spot top talent a mile away, make them feel like they belong, and teach those skills to others.
- Work closely with Earnies to understand our needs, and use that knowledge to grow Earnest with the best folks out there, with an eye towards diversity and inclusion.
- Make Earnest look good! Work with the team to show off what an amazing place we are to work.
- Keep an eye on the numbers by using data to tell a story to our leadership team of what we are doing well and where we can do better.
- 10+ years of progressive experience within talent acquisition, with 5 or more years in a leadership role.
- Experience successfully implementing and executing talent acquisition strategies to meet or exceed business goals.
- Deep knowledge of the landscape and experience within technology/start-up companies and emerging trends.
- Adept at identifying operational efficiencies and improving the overall effectiveness of the hiring process with an eye on hiring top talent.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to develop and execute talent acquisition strategies that align with the company’s objectives.
- Lead with data by having a proven track record of analyzing data and making data-driven decisions.
- Experience in recruiting both technical and non-technical positions.
- Familiarity across multiple Application Tracking Systems, including Greenhouse, and have worked with the latest and greatest recruiting tools.
- Experience in FinTech or similar industries.
- Experience in developing and implementing employer branding initiatives to attract top talent.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.