Senior Manager, Business Operations - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
The Senior Manager, Business Operations position will report to the Chief Operating Officer
As the Senior Manager, Business Operations, you will:
- Play a pivotal role in driving business growth and overseeing key initiatives under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Your responsibilities will extend to strategic planning, project leadership, and spearheading process improvements within the Operations Team.
- Working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams including Operations, Data & Analytics, and Finance you will be instrumental in shaping the strategy across our Operations department and collaborating with key stakeholders across the company to evaluate and advance our AI (Artificial Intelligence) capabilities.
- Collaborate on refining business strategies, identify growth opportunities through research, providing insights for strategic decision-making and evaluate and enhance existing processes.
- AI Technology Integration, implement cutting-edge AI solutions and collaborate for seamless AI technology integration.
- Utilize analytics for actionable insights, generate reports on key performance indicators, provide data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Lead projects to achieve business objectives, develop plans, set milestones, allocate resources and ensure timely and successful project delivery.
- 7+ years in strategic roles: consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, development, business operations, or product.
- MBA degree required.
- Proven track record in operations management and strategy.
- Extensive background in diverse strategic consulting domains, with AI integration expertise.
- Strong business acumen and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in leveraging data for informed decision-making, with finance experience.
- Passionate commitment to enhancing customer experience and adding value.
- Familiarity with the latest trends and advancements in technology beyond AI, contributing to a tech-forward approach.
- Comprehensive experience in project management and successful execution of diverse initiatives.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.