Good Eggs Kitchen - Prep Cook
Good Eggs Kitchen - Kitchen Team
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers radically fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
About the role
The Prep Cook's role is to complete tasks as directed by the Lead Cook or Sous Chefs. The completion of these tasks will contribute to a smooth and quality flow of menu production, an organized and clean kitchen, and success of our Good Eggs Kitchen program.
Good Eggs Kitchen is operational Monday - Sunday and we are looking for a Prep Cook who can work a flexible shift to meet our business needs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to complete duties, working at a steady pace in line with the rest of the kitchen.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Complete all standardized recipes with utmost care and precision.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by sanitizing surfaces and compliance to food safety standards.
- Ensure alignment of standards with all preparations, including, but not limited to vegetables, fruits, and proteins, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with all sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Complete daily cleaning lists, duties, temp logs, finals temps, and any other list or record as directed by your supervisor.
- Assist with training all new team members at the direction of the supervisor and by being exemplary of our team expectations.
- Minimize waste and control trim and spoilage.
- Perform other kitchen duties as needed or assigned. Team player.
This job description has been created to be a representation of what can be expected in this role. This is not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this role. We will make efforts to productively communicate any amendments to your job duties and responsibilities. However, duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice.
- Proven experience as prep cook in a kitchen setting, preferably high volume
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen - a food handling card is required.
- Training from a culinary or vocational school preferred.
- Flexible schedule required - night, weekend, and holiday shifts required based on business needs.
- Job hazards may include slips and falls, cuts, and burns, but injuries are seldom serious.
- This position requires slip-resistant footwear and uniforms that will be provided to you.
- Will be going in and out of the freezer or refrigerator as needed
- Busy, fast-paced Kitchen
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling carts, and handling materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and push and pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 8 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hour per day
- Reaching: Up, down, or laterally, up to 8 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state, or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- Must be able to work in a multitude of environments.
Why work for Good Eggs?
Work for a purpose-driven company in an incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members. Our benefits and compensation package is the following for this role:
Targeted compensation range: $17-$18/50/h
Paid Sick Time
Enrollment after 90 days in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (not matching at this time)
For employees working 30+ hours per week, Medical, Dental and Vision plans with Kaiser & United Healthcare
Generous Parental Leave
Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability - all eligible employees receive coverage
20% Employee Discount
The Good Eggs Compensation Philosophy: we offer competitive compensation based on market rates, evaluated bi-annually. Our final offer is based on years of experience, length of time with title, and demonstrated impact while in previous roles, combined with our compensation philosophy.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can't receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce