Quality Control Associates
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
As Misfits we support our customers and mission by embracing our core values of:
Prioritizing our Customers
Moving deliberately and quickly
Doing more with less
Respecting one another
Taking initiative and delivering
The Quality Control Associate reports to the Quality Supervisor. The Quality Control Associate is responsible for ensuring that all products that are received and delivered meet our high standards on quality. This role prioritizes food safety and ensures that our customers continue to receive the high quality, delicious, and affordable food they love.
- $18.50 per hour
- Paid weekly
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual Misfits grocery box credit of $1200 paid in weekly installments
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Commuter benefits
What you will do:
- Perform quality checks on produce and grocery products in the warehouse and on production lines.
- Completes temperature checks on inbound trucks
- Responsible for verifying the quality of inbound products..
- Reports any potential problems and escalates to the Lead and/or Supervisor as needed.
- Report any issues regarding low yields so it can be escalated appropriately.
- Maintain accountability and record of discarded product from various departments
- Report food safety and quality problems to leadership as soon as they are identified.
- Time Management and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Prioritize the importance of Quality within the organization.
- Ability to move quickly in order to eliminate down time in the receiving and production departments..
- Basic mathematics.
- Legible handwriting.
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Lifting up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout the duration of your shift
- Work in a refrigerated environment (32 degrees)
- Stand, squat, kneel, carry, push, and pull