Email Marketing Manager (Remote)
Joy is the smarter way to plan your big day. We help couples through every step of the wedding planning journey, with beautiful wedding websites, All-in-One Registry, and intuitive planning tools.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join the marketing team to develop, scale and optimize an email marketing program designed to maximize relevancy at each touchpoint. This role will create a scalable email program using automations, personalization, and data.
- Lead the execution and ongoing iteration of email programs; scale Joy’s email program.
- Own campaigns from beginning to end — from brief creation, to design and development, to testing, launch, analysis and continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain email marketing plan and content calendar, make it constantly visible to key stakeholders, and drive projects through to completion.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure email initiatives support cross-functional team goals. Liaise with Product and Marketing teams for upcoming roadmaps and releases and identify opportunities for engaging clickthrough experiences.
- Develop a testing strategy to gain insights and improve the customer experience. Constantly analyze, test, and iterate on email campaigns to ensure optimal performance and results.
- Develop a solid reporting structure and cadence on performance, usage and tool effectiveness and optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, revenue lift, and engagement, and set up test plans to improve the campaign performance
- Monitor deliverability and ensure GDPR and CAN-SPAM compliance to ensure inbox placement and maintain channel health.
- Leverage vendor relationships to identify automation opportunities and stay up-to-date on industry developments, best practices, and innovative execution strategies.
- Collaborate closely with design and marketing teams to ensure messaging is translated accurately into email campaigns and within brand voice / guidelines.
- Own executional workflows and develop solutions to streamline processes between partners and internal teams.
- 7+ years relevant email marketing and email operations experience.
- Hands on experience building complex email campaigns in segmentation and testing within an email service provider. Power-user of email service providers and customer data platforms to provide actionable insights, develop optimizations through learnings and best practices, and identify new opportunities for timely messaging.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with project management experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing and product managers, designers, and technology providers.
- Team player who demonstrates leadership skills and an ability to manage-up to and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent time management skills and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Polished with excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills – comfortable dealing with data and reporting. Able to glean insights from complex sets of information and communicate them to other cross functional partners in a clear, effective way. Knowledge of HTML and Figma required.
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Remote work culture. Work from where you work best!
At Joy we believe there is always room for making things more joyful. And we’re doing it for weddings. We are designing a better way to help couples, planners, vendors, and guests navigate the complex task of wedding planning.
It is a BIG task and we are a small team, which means you will be a key player and will have a lot of fun dabbling in all aspects of building a great brand. We’re a Y Combinator graduate and VC- funded startup tackling the $100B+ event industry. We welcome people from all backgrounds, millions of people are using our product around the world, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for all kinds of people
To build a service that brings joy to people all around the world, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
We want to have the best people in every job. Joy policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?