Sr. Software Test Engineer I
Sr. Software Test Engineer I
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our talented, ambitious engineering team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will impact the way people see themselves and the world. We are seeking experienced software test engineers to lead our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- You will help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
- You will help streamline testing efforts by continuously improving our QA processes
- You'll get the opportunity to work with other engineers to develop and execute test plans and support and extend existing validation frameworks
- You'll help by reading and understanding application code, and identifying areas of weakness
- You will be the advocate for our customers and help our teams deliver the highest quality features
- Part of your responsibility will be to identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of related working experience
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
- Excellent ability to create test strategies, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Experience with software testing processes and deliverables like requirements review, test planning, test casing
- Hands-on experience with writing automated tests and using automated test frameworks
- Experience with mobile application testing
- Experience with LAMP stack web applications
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.