Strategic Sourcing Manager / Sr. Manager - Therapeutics
Therapeutics Sourcing Manager/Sr. Manager
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an exceptional Sourcing Manager or Sr. Sourcing Manager to drive improvements across all aspects of procurement and operations.
Specifically, you will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to develop, lead and implement optimal sourcing solutions for our Therapeutics Division. You will be accountable for the sourcing of services and goods, material planning, supplier management, and overall supply chain risk reduction and total cost management. The key to your success will be the ability to create and effectively manage procurement business processes and sourcing strategies that enable 23andMe to scale and meet its substantial growth plans.
You will also help manage operational support for Therapeutics' needs and participate in new initiatives to drive operational excellence. The successful candidate will be familiar with third party contractor organizations, sourcing strategies, and activities relevant to key internal partners, including the Translational Sciences (Toxicology, Pathology, and Translational PK), Research, in vitro and in vivo Pharmacology, Clinical Sciences, and Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls teams.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Create, lead, and implement strategies to drive supplier selection, qualification, commercial negotiations, contract development, and contract administration activities
- Collaborate effectively and proactively with key partners cross-functionally to select suppliers and sites, negotiate contracts, ensure quality and completion of outsourced activities, and lead sound business and operational resolutions as part of vendor management
- Enable tech transfer of manufacturing and/or assays to external partners with demonstrated expertise and relevant GxP compliance
- Manage supply and delivery of goods and services to ensure unimpeded operations
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts to the business by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are being met
- Act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws
- Help improve operational efficiencies by identifying process improvement opportunities, implementing creative solutions and establishing performance indicators
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in supply chain management, management sciences, biology, business or finance; advanced degree a plus
- Experience in biotech/biopharma procurement, material requirements planning, and Pharmaceutical R&D Operations required. Note: For Senior Manager consideration, candidates will have at least 7 years’ relevant biotech/biopharma sourcing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general pharma R&D, pharma R&D terminology, exposure and experience in Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement needs, vendor management and therapeutics operations needs and able to translate them into viable scalable solutions required
- Successful track record of developing, documenting, implementing and improving business processes
- Working knowledge of GLP, GMP, and GCP and other associated regulations
- Solid understanding of CRO, CMO, CDMO landscape, including capabilities and limitations of vendors and sites worldwide
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand the needs of different stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional groups and projects, developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and managing 3rd party supplier relationships
- Ability to work from 23andMe's office in South San Francisco, CA a minimum of 3 days per week
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range
Therapeutics Sourcing Manager: $136,000 - $204,000 USD
Therapeutics Sr. Sourcing Manager $156,000- $234,000 USD