Compute Enterprise Infrastructure
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The Compute and Enterprise Infrastructure (CEI) Program Management Office is seeking a program manager to join our PM Office to team to manage the full lifecycle of technical programs and projects and bring organizational consistency across key functional areas. This role is positioned to operate at the junction of product execution and business strategy, collaborating closely with CEI, Engineering, Research, Therapeutics, and Legal teams.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and enhanced drug discovery.
What You'll Do
- Lead multiple cross-functional CEI programs and plan projects that contribute to achieving OKR goals and initiatives in the areas of enterprise software and compute infrastructure technologies
- Manage an average load of 4-6 active projects at a given time
- Work with subject matter experts to decompose business requirements into technical execution plans with measurable milestones, effectively optimize scope and schedule, and manage cross-functional dependencies
- Run Agile ceremonies (e.g., daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning)
- Champion change management processes
- Craft clear communication of progress toward goals using a variety of media (e.g., in-person meetings, Slack, dashboards), reporting status to stakeholders and leadership
- Proactively detect pain points, risks, and workflow inefficiencies with key partners, and construct paths to address/mitigate them
- Be the resident document expert to produce and curate artifacts related to programs, projects, and processes.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of technical program management experience in a software development team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management across various methodologies (agile, scrum, waterfall, hybrid), covering all project lifecycle phases, with a flexible and innovative mindset.
- Mastery in project/task management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Google Sheets, Slides, etc.). These tools are your bread and butter.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Capability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment and take the lead in ambiguous situations to enable teams to continue moving forward in execution.
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able to make sense out of a complex system with many moving parts; you sweat the details where it's needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills appropriate for in-person and remote audiences.
- A servant leader mindset.
- Familiarity with information security and data privacy compliance best practices
- Scrum master experience
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range
Program Manager I: $102,000 - $154,000 USD
Program Manager II: $115,000 - $173,000 USD