Lead Character Artist
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to guide and grow the character art team to help us build a new, immersive multiplayer experience. Do you love partnering with animation, tech art, VFX, and audio? Do you enjoy end-to-end character development in Unreal? Do you enjoy working on a live product? Then this is the opportunity for you. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote in the U.S.
- Mentor a team of highly skilled artists.
- Shape bold sculpts, create stylized textures and push the level of our art in Unreal Engine as your IC work.
- Know when to delegate or do it yourself using your production knowledge.
- Establish the final looks for characters using Unreal Engine.
- Work with the team to keep the live product looking amazing.
- Keep externally developed content looking great using documentation and feedback.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling.
- Expert proficiency in Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 4.
- Comprehensive understanding of Unreal Engine character pipelines.
- Mastery of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with large external vendors.
- Experience with UE5.
- Have shipped a AAA, PC, or console title as a Lead Character Artist.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
$80,000/year to $140,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.