Senior Staff Software Engineer - Java Developer
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Commerce Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
NOTE: Work Permit sponsorship will not be available for this position.
Senior Software Engineer
MATRIXX is looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers to expand our R&D team in Kuala Lumpur. As a Software Engineer on the team, you will be involved in the design, development & release of Cloud-based application services and functions to support the business processes of Matrixx customers. We are looking for an experienced Java developer who can analyze complex issues and create powerful performant software. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to join the APAC HQ of a fast growing Silicon Valley company and we have a very attractive package for our future-colleagues.
In this role you will work as part of an Agile Software Engineering team alongside other programmers and QAs. You will be supported by local and remote Product Owners, and you will occasionally be expected to collaborate with colleagues in our UK and US offices. Your chief responsibility will be writing good code, mostly in Java / Kotlin but we do some work in Golang and there are always other technologies to master.
The work we do is diverse ranging from customer-specific business logic extensions to our Business API Gateway, to performance improvements and functional enhancements to core 5G elements of our product. Performance and efficiency are key values for our engineering teams and you will be responsible for continuously improving our already world-leading performance numbers.
The projects are varied and will include designing and building:
- new 5G charging solution elements
- a high performance event streaming platform
- a payment processing platform
- a REST API mapping layer for our fault tolerant database
- administration web applications
- Kubernetes controllers to enable orchestration of solution administration tasks
The role requires continuous communication and close collaboration with various engineering, product management and marketing teams.
- 5+ years of software development experience mostly working in Java development
- Can design, build & maintain complex application frameworks & applications that integrate multiple disparate computing elements/systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, especially those required to specify kubernetes deployments
- Experience of Restful Web Services definition and utilization
- Experience with Docker and K8s deployment architectures & toolsets
- Experience with Cloud-hosted CI / CD build trains
- BS degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with enterprise software, telecommunications, and/or database software development
- Experience with OpenAPI, Slf4J, HTTP2, Golang, Enterprise Integration Patterns and Enterprise Service Bus based systems
- Knowledge of Reactive Frameworks Netty, Vert.x,
- The ability to work independently, as well as participating as a key player of a team creating and developing ideas and tools from scratch
- Knowledge of how to script docker-compose and Helm
- Resolver - Figures out the problem and resolves it.
- Analytical, data driven - The ability to think about all of the factors that might affect a situation.
- Driver - Presence: ability to take control of a situation and make decisions.
- Communicator - An ability to easily put thoughts into words: we’re looking for capable conversationalists and presenters.
- Collaborator - Works hard with others to achieve a goal.
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded