Rust Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Neon is building open-source cloud-native PostgreSQL. Our architecture separates storage from compute, allowing for stateless and serverless Postgres. We’re a well funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. We are a systems company; we work on low level code with strict performance and correctness requirements.
Neon was created by a team of Postgres hackers, and led by CEO Nikita Shamgunov (co-founder of SingleStore). Neon is built on open-source principles and is focused on giving back to the Postgres and developer communities.
- Join an experienced team and contribute to Neon Compute
- Write low-level system code: either networking or storage
- Expand our footprint by interviewing and hiring great software engineers
- Drive excellence through the team and implement the world's best practices
- Participate in on-call rotation
We’re looking for a senior-level engineer who has
- At least 4 years of production experience in Software engineering
- Practical experience with Rust programming language (1+ year)
- Extensive experience with any other low-level backend programming language (C, C++, etc.)
- Strong background in database internals or building core components for data processing systems (including query execution, storage engines, autotuning and workload optimization) and distributed systems
- Passion for building systems software. Performance engineering and distributed systems are topics that excite you!
- Experience with open-source projects and developing publicly is a plus
- Passion for joining a fast-paced, early-stage startup
- Track record of identifying problems, implementing solutions and delivering complex projects in distributed systems or databases
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and pride
- We are distributed team of 50 people working from 20 countries (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals
- We have experienced Postgres hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias)
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon's vision:
- We raised $54.3m from GGV Capital, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Leigh Marie Braswell
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we'll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Cyprus)
Our Hiring Process
- We like to keep things and get awesome people fast.
- The entire hiring process is fully remote.
- Once you have submitted your CV, our team will review it and we can contact you to schedule an initial call with our Recruiter.
- If we move on to the next steps, you will have 1:1 calls with our Software Engineers and the Hiring Manager.
- Once all the interviews are over, our team will swiftly analyze the results of all the steps and present the final decision.