Logistics and Transportation Associate
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
As Ollie’s next Logistics and Transportation Associate, you will be responsible for coordinating all transportation related activities for the company. We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated self starter to join and enhance our Logistics function.
This position is based remotely in the US and will report to our Senior Logistics and Delivery Experience Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate and schedule all inbound shipments and transfers to our five fulfillment centers.
- Work collaboratively with Supply Chain and Fulfillment operations for the timely movement of shipments.
- Track and trace of all shipments to provide proactive updates and manage shipment exceptions.
- Submit rate quotes and quarterly RFP bid requests.
- Work with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Digital, Strategy, CX, and Operations to achieve shared goals and objectives to improve the customer experience.
- Customer advocate; handle all Customer Experience complaints and issues related to residential parcel deliveries.
- Maintain strong relationships with transportation partners across all modes.
- Track KPIs and other key metrics with a focus on continuous improvement.
Who You Are:
- You have experience in all modes of transportation including, full truckload (dry van & refrigerated), LTL, middle-mile, and final-mile parcel.
- You have prior experience managing residential deliveries with national and regional parcel carriers.
- You have a detailed understanding of the pricing structures for each mode of transportation.
- You've creatively reduced transportation costs by optimizing route planning and scheduling.
- You have experience managing and developing carrier scorecard systems and holding quarterly business reviews with transportation vendors.
- You have experience managing omnichannel logistics
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently. An analytical thinker
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.