Pine Park Health
Welcome to Pine Park Health!
Pine Park Health is a value-based primary care practice that is redesigning how residents of senior living communities get or stay healthy and lead a life they love. We’re on a mission to dramatically improve healthcare for seniors by building a new model of care that’s designed around everyone involved — patients, families, community staff members, providers, and payers.
Our value-based offering has led to over 100 communities partnering with us in the last year and allowed us in achieving 10X patient growth. We're a fast-growing company that’s backed by lead investors including First Round Capital, Google’s AI fund, Canvas Ventures, Foundation Capital, Y Combinator, and Susa. If you share in our vision of helping every senior, no matter their health status, being able to lead a life they find meaningful and worthwhile, join us!
We’re redesigning healthcare for residents of senior living communities and we are looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team. You'll work alongside Pine Park Health’s Providers at Friendship Village to provide excellent clinical care and experience to our patients. You’ll serve as an in-person extension of a larger team and perform various clinical and operational tasks across Friendship Village.The ideal candidate will be our brand ambassador to deliver the very best first impression to our patients, including having an outgoing personality with exceptional communication skills, strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, and is comfortable with a balance between customer service and patient management.
Hours: Typical M-F, 8:30am-5pm, w/ occasional opportunity to take on additional shifts
Location: Onsite at Friendship Village, Phoenix Arizona
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be the primary partner to the Provider(s) you are assigned
- Operational tasks: in-person patient check-ins, appointment scheduling, telephone management, & maintaining documentation
- Clinical tasks: vitals, medication management, specimen collection, patient education, clinical documentation, etc.
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice
- Timely completion of all mandated training and education
- Timely completion of all mandated occupational health screenings, as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Qualification: 2-4 years of clinical experience as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Medical Assistant (MA), or Phlebotomist (certification and/or experience)
- Clinical experience: Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, common medications, and procedures in primary care, including vitals, phlebotomy, wound care, injections, POC testing, EKGs, etc.
- Back office experience: prior authorizations, obtaining medical records, gathering medical history and context via phone calls, patient scheduling, managing referrals, etc.
- Communication skills: Able to convey a message clearly and concisely patients and Providers
- Documentation: The ability to properly document in patient charts to ensure accurate and effective documentation.
- Technology: Comfortable and adaptable, enjoys working with new technologies and platforms (e.g. Elation, Slack, Monday.com)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively communicate with staff, vendors, and patients.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-4 years of clinical experience as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Medical Assistant (MA), or Phlebotomist (certification and/or experience)
- Possession of a valid State Driver's License with a clean DMV record
- Recent Vehicle Insurance copy required
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a smart, heart-centered, low-ego group motivated to make waves in the lives of seniors and the healthcare industry.
- We’re solving complex, vital problems that affect real people and need bright, focused, driven minds like yours to help us achieve our goals.
- We empower team members to act like owners and have designed a learning-focused environment where you get ongoing support and regular feedback to help you grow.
- We host social events to celebrate wins, mark team member milestones and let go by having fun.
Benefits Designed For You and Yours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Professional and Personal Development Annual Allowance
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Paid sick days
Pine Park Health provides the highest safety and quality of care for patients who can be at high-risk of COVID-19. To support this work, we require vaccination for all employees and proof of vaccination before hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit at a desk for extended periods of time; require manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; and the ability to use standard clinic equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Normal office environment.
Pine Park Health is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.