Product Owner (Ops) H/F
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs, and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
As a Scrum Master / Product Owner for the Ops squad at Prose, you will be in charge of translating business needs into iterations and user stories, and will ensure a smooth coordination and communication between the Operations PM and team based in our warehouse in Brooklyn, and the Engineering squad based in Paris. You will also ensure the squad backlog is maintained and prioritized, and ensure the Technical roadmap is in line with Prose’s goals.
Ensures that the Squad (5-7 engineers) is involved at the earliest stage in the project process:
- Takes knowledge of the subjects being framed by the Ops PM
- Accompanies the PM in identifying scenarios taking into account capacity and technical constraints, with an MVP and iterative approach
- Helps streamline communication between PM and Engineers
- Actively contributes to the Roadmap and follow-up
Maintains the team’s backlog:
- In collaboration with the PMs, breaks down a project into iterations and User Stories
- Ensures priorities are consistent between PM and Developers
- Gives visibility to PM on progress (quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Prioritizes tech initiatives and roadmap
- Performs QA
Organizes and facilitates Agile Rituals
- Organizes and facilitates Sprint Plannings, Demos and Retrospectives
- Monitors the processing and progress of continuous improvement actions
- Makes sure the delivered implementation is functional and up to specs
Key Candidate Requirements
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role (Digital Project Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Squad Lead, etc)
- Excellent communication skills both in English and French
- Project Management: ability to animate and drive a team to achieve technical projects in a defined time frame
- Interpersonal skills: a good balance between diplomacy and assertiveness in order to resolve business and technical conflicts and make the project move forward in a multicultural environment
- Good listening skills and capacity to federate a team toward collective goals
- Strong acquaintance with the Developer function
- Manufacturing processes and E-Commerce culture is a plus for the role
- Experience in QA
- Good knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) to share best practices within the team and cross-teams
- Problem-solving mindset to bring continuous improvement
- Flexible mindset to adapt to new constraints in a fast-paced environment
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Health insurance (Alan Blue 100% covered by Prose) + tickets restaurants
- Nice and trendy office located between Opera and Grands Boulevards (Paris, 2eme)
- Choice between a gym membership (ClassPass) or an electric bike (Vanmoof) to commute easily to the office
- On-going training and development programs
- An abundance of office snacks
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in — for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.