ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer (Mantis)
Rosotics is on a mission to make metal 3D printing dramatically more efficient, unlocking the potential to build larger and more complex structures than ever before. Our groundbreaking technology makes it simple to produce critical hardware at unprecedented scale, for use in aerospace environments. With Rosotics, there are no limits to what you can create.
As an early member of the Mantis Engineering team, you will have a unique opportunity to be the bridge between design and test; equally anchored in both disciplines with the ability to spearhead change throughout a product’s life cycle. You will be expected to design digital control blocks and logic for complex industrial machinery and identify opportunities for improvement in products and processes. You will have the opportunity to work on and improve the wide variety of components that enable Rosotics hardware to be the simplest and most robust technologies for large-scale manufacturing. You will need strong problem-solving ability and relentless curiosity, practicing breakthrough approaches to ASIC design. Familiarity with relevant software and PCB design will be essential for this position.
- Participate in all phases of ASIC/FPGA design flow - from concept to prototyping and production.
- Develop high-level design requirements and block-level micro-architectures, partition design within ASIC/FPGA, and create specification documents.
- Implement or integrate design blocks using Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Generate schematics for PCB manufacturing and export complete Gerber files verified to meet functional requirements.
- Drive system trades, requirements capture, component selection, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, bring-up, refinement, documentation, manufacturing and test of integrated circuitry.
- Conduct simulation in SPICE and using relevant software (Altium, CAD) to verify design performance.
- Perform failure analysis and drive root cause investigations and corrective actions for component related issues.
- Interface with suppliers to prototype and manufacture circuit boards and PCBs.
- Exemplify technical excellence and be accountable for your work, including for project delivery timelines from design through production, testing, integration, and performance.
- Challenge assumptions and build strong professional relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- 1+ years of experience in a design engineering role, driving the design and development of integrated circuitry.
- Fundamental understanding of PCB and circuitry design.
- Proven ability to practically apply first principles to solve real, complex problems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- ASIC/FPGA/SoC design and integration experience.
- Experience with advanced silicon process and technology nodes for high speed and low power consumption.
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experience with EDA tools and relevant design software (Altium, Altera Quartus II)
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, and burn-in
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and performance milestones
Something looks off?