Inventory Control Supervisor
Sunbasket is the #1 healthy meal kit in the United States. The company has grown rapidly from $0-$200M+ revenue over the past 4 years. Ranked the #1 online healthy eating platform by Epicurious in 2019 and Buzzfeed 2 years in a row, Sunbasket is disrupting the $650B grocery market with a fundamentally healthier, easier, and more personal way to cook and eat at home. Backed by top-tier investors, Sunbasket is based in San Francisco, CA and delivers millions of meals nationwide each month.
The Inventory Supervisor is responsible through a hands-on approach for facility wide inventory maintenance controls, policies, standard procedures and systems to achieve accurate financial inventory information. This position manages the Inventory Control Function and Warehouse Team. Additionally, partners with Shipping and Receiving personnel, Procurement and Finance teams to monitor the accuracy of all inventory levels utilizing the cycle count program and spot audits.
Pay & Schedule:
- Pay starting from 58k, based on experience.
- Weekend/Overtime availablity required.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor, perform and manage weekly cycle count activities and month-end full inventory counts.
- Responsible for overseeing all transactional activities in the assigned Facility and reconciliation to correct imbalances and prevent item shortages.
- Manage and update all reporting for weekly cycle count activity in the designated ERP system.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness.
- Partner with Operations team to conduct audits and ensure accuracy of inventory records including but not limited to: Receiving, Shipping, Quality Control, Prep, Pack and Procurement Departments and report out all cycle count activities.
- Perform root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies, recommend and implement solutions.
- Responsible for inventory at third party warehouses utilizing system and hands on cycle count practices.
- Ensure all inventory discrepancies are investigated and corrected in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and daily guidance to the assigned team. This includes supervisory tasks such as but not limited to: approving time cards, ensuring all policies are being followed and providing feedback as needed.
- Manage weekly Farmers Market.
- Record and report all loss due to spoilage and/or donation.
- Perform weekly inventory counts and report them to the General Manager.
- Partner with the General Manager and Operations Manager to work on special projects as needed.
- Guide and support the safety committee team.
- Complete training as assigned.
- Must follow Sunbasket policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Who you are, and why you're right for us:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, A.A or B.S strongly preferred
- 5+ years of related experience in inventory control in a distribution warehouse environment, food distribution or vendor management required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience and leading a crew of 15+ employees
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment (-9º-42º Fahrenheit) for 8 or more hours and in some instances, in a dark environment. This includes executing assigned tasks in the freezer as needed.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture, produce, and raw materials
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Ability to lead others through change and work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and OSHA safety
- Advanced knowledge and experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and other google applications (Gmail, sheets, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision or equivalent ERP system preferred
- Must be available to work a variety of work shifts, including nights and weekends
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Sunbasket, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military service status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sunbasket, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities or for sincerely held religious beliefs or practices to the fullest extent required by law. If you would like to request an accommodation or believe you have been subject to discrimination, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?