Quality Control Supervisor
Sunbasket is the #1 healthy meal kit in the United States. The company has grown rapidly from $0-$200M+ revenue over the past 4 years. Ranked the #1 online healthy eating platform by Epicurious in 2019 and Buzzfeed 2 years in a row, Sunbasket is disrupting the $650B grocery market with a fundamentally healthier, easier, and more personal way to cook and eat at home. Backed by top-tier investors, Sunbasket is based in San Francisco, CA and delivers millions of meals nationwide each month.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in compliance documentation for food quality and food safety, ensuring compliance on applicable regulatory guidelines for Sunbasket products. The QC Supervisor will be responsible for the management of daily functions of the Quality Control department and oversee all QC team members. The QC Supervisor will compile and document all manufacturing processes, standard operating procedures, quality procedures and product specifications for processing.
Pay & Schedule:
- Pay starting from 58k, based on experience.
- Weekend/Overtime availablity required.
What you'll be doing:
- Modifying as needed for facility & implementation of SOPs, SSOPs GMPs
- Help with the creation of SOPs, work with teams and cross functional teams to develop these on an on-going basis.
- Assist and coach team in understanding risk and categorizing it (high, med, low risk, etc…)
- Work with the operations to educate them about basic food safety practices and principles
- Day to day employee management and activities
- Development of efficiencies for the team and maintain basic record keeping
- Work with other Operations Teams to assist and/develop protocols & procedures for new processes
- Work with QC team and assist in the development of individual QC team members
- Ensure proper logs throughout operations are being completed and assist with modifying them as needed
- Raise awareness to management/supervisorial staff of issues and present potential solutions or assist in leading collaborative group discussion to build consensus for a solution.
- Validate and verify certain process and procedures including the EM Program
- Ensuring QC team Safety
- Ensuring that products shipped meet customer’s expectations
- Working with Quality Manager to develop manning plan and work schedules
- Process improvement as it relates to all aspects of efficiency, cost and quality.
- Responsible for compiling all information into appropriate form and maintaining the “Product Standards Manual”, taking an active role in the Product Standard Committee meetings.
- Conduct and maintain ingredient supply and quality audits for the variety of ingredients to be used in the DC.
- Create and implement initial and ongoing personnel training for the quality system and auditing.
- Conduct special projects as assigned by Quality Manager and Director of Food Safety and Quality.
- Complete training as assigned.
Who you are, and why you're right for us:
- BS degree in food science or related area with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in quality assurance/quality control in a food production or similar facility
- 2+ years hands on supervisory experience in a quality/food Manufacturing or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge in various State and Federal Safety laws + policies, Food Safety, GMP’s and other policies related to Food Safety and Quality
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge, Microsoft Business Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with continuous change and respond well to change in priorities or assignments
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment (-9º-42º Fahrenheit) for 8 or more hours and in some instances, in a dark environment. This includes executing assigned tasks in the freezer as needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, work a variety of shifts, including nights and weekends
- Strong communication (verbal and written), analytical, interpersonal, training, workplace investigations, follow-up, decision making and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with powered shop and hand tools safely, perform complex assembly instructions and work in various hazardous conditions
- Must possess company values and fully support company vision and mission
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Sunbasket, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military service status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sunbasket, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities or for sincerely held religious beliefs or practices to the fullest extent required by law. If you would like to request an accommodation or believe you have been subject to discrimination, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?