Data Analyst/Programmer - All Gender
- Location: Spain and Hungary
- No travel expected
- 50% Remote working
- Job type: Permanent
About the job
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare (CHC), we have one shared mission - we work passionately, every day, to ‘serve healthier, fuller lives’ now and for the generations to come. Our marketing philosophy is driven by this purpose and everything we do is centered around people’s interest –, our customers, healthcare professionals, and our employees – across the world. We are building brands that serve 1bn consumers worldwide, through our key platforms: Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Wellness and Cough, Cold & Flu. In order to do this better than anybody else, we aspire to become the most consumer-centric Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Business. We want to be market shapers and achieve category leadership in the categories that we play in - delivered through strong global-local partnership. We are a people first business, placing consumers at the heart of everything we do through uncovering and activating deep consumer and shopper insights, for example.
As a top 3 global CHC player, we want to raise the bar in terms of our strategic and operational capabilities to enable sustainable, above-market growth. To achieve this, we need strong talents that will help us shape the future of CHC while sharing our core values of courage, teamwork, respect, and integrity.
As part of the Real Word Evidence and Behavioural Science Team, the Data Analyst will support strategic product value generation initiatives at Sanofi CHC through statistical and computational programming and analytics for Observational -, Real-World Evidence and other studies across the CHC product development pipeline. He/She will use large-scale patient databases and high-performance computing to generate conventional analytics evidence and insights for the Science hub, Growth hub, and business strategy:
- Provide strategic inputs for internal retrospective data sources and analytical tools to support the research objectives development and the definition of study concepts (algorithms to derive the study populations, features, outcomes, etc.)
- Responsible for delivering studies internally, including performing statistical analysis, as well as generating analytic reports, tables, listings, graphics in line with overall study objectives
- Provide statistical and analytical strategic inputs for various observational studies to define the appropriate study design and statistical methodology to generate the right evidence addressing the unmet needs that will be used to support business decision making
- Provide technical and analytical expertise in the execution of real-world studies, post-hoc analysis, and support in statistical feasibility planning
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze data from real world including medical claims, EHR, patient registries, national surveys, clinical and other emergent data types to support studies and insight generation activities
- Review the study-related documents to ensure analytical alignment with study strategic priorities (e.g., study outlines, protocol, study report, abstract, manuscript, etc.)
- Present the project findings to cross functional teams and stakeholders and support the results interpretation in strategic discussions
- Ensure statistical outputs are produced in an efficient manner and perform quality checks to provide accurate and timely deliverables
- Hands on implementing analytical solutions and pipelines to reduce the analytical burden
- Participate in developing and improving analytical process standards and best practices
- +2 years of experience with programming language (Python, R, SQL) to transform data and perform statistical analysis
- +2 years of experience using biostatistics to perform formal epidemiologic or outcomes research studies describing patient populations, health care utilization, treatment patterns, and effectiveness or safety outcomes
- Experience with real world data (medical claims, electronic health records, etc.)
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now: constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his/her team: consider both short- and long-term impact of decisions; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers: actively engage with customers to know their current and future needs; brings an external perspective into decisions
- Take action and do not wait to be told what to do: take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward
- Role model our 4 values: teamwork, integrity, respect, courage
- Advanced statistical programming skills in python or R to solve complex programming tasks
- Knowledge of SAS is a plus
- Ability to learn new programming techniques and data structures quickly and effectively
- Capacity to seamlessly assimilate to new projects is required
- Knowledge of statistical and epidemiological methods applied in Real World studies
- Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe observational research and statistical programming methodology to be programmed
- Readily adapt to new environment, technologies, and processes
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- An advanced educational degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD) in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Computer Science or related field
- Fluent spoken and written English
Play to Win Behaviours:
- Take action
- Act for patients & customers
- Think Sanofi first
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.