CHC - Digital Quality & HSE Functional Expert
CHC – Digital Quality & HSE Functional Expert
About the job
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare, we have one shared mission – we work passionately, every day, to ‘serve healthier, fuller lives’ now and for the generations to come.
In order to do so, we strive to act as a force for good by integrating sustainability along our business and employees’ mission and operate responsibly from both a social and environmental point of view.
Everything we do is centered around people’s interests – our consumers, our customers, healthcare professionals, and our employees – across the world.
We are building loved brands that serve 1bn consumers worldwide, through our key platforms: Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Wellness and Cough, Cold & Flu.
We aspire to become the best Fast Moving Consumer Health (FMCH) company In & For the world and we aim to build a work environment where people can thrive, grow, enjoy and be at their best.
The Functional Expert will be integrated in the CHC Digital EuLa Region and strongly connected to CHC Digital Quality Management team, which is managing the Quality & HSE solution portfolio, roadmap and projects globally for CHC GBU. This mainly includes Veeva Vault QMS and SAP EHS solutions and the integration layer with the existing and future solutions for integrated functions (i.e. Manufacturing ERP, Procurement, Laboratories, Analytics). Overall Quality Management includes deviation, internal and external audits, complaints, lab investigations, change control, CAPA, and quality risk management. On SAP EHS, the main area is around Specification Management.
The Functional Expert will be assigned to a dedicated functional area of expertise in the product (Quality Management), and will as intermediary between business and Digital for the entire scope on the assigned geographical or business area.
The Functional Expert mandate is:
- Act as the intermediary between the business and Digital, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business stakeholders achieve their desired outcomes
- Deliver Functional or /and Technical analysis and expertise for Quality management solutions for Projects, Products or Solution within their area of expertise. S(H)e also leverages specialized, functional, or technical expertise for solving complex functional or technical problems as individual or as team member
- S(H) leads and executes Functional /Technical expertise all along the lifecycle (plan, design, build, run) of Digital Product belonging to his/her domain of expertise
- Act as senior coach towards junior analyst/experts
The Functional Expert main responsibilities are:
As intermediary between the business and Digital:
- Identify and analyse business needs and coordinate between stakeholder groups to address them and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service
- Create prototypes and co-design innovative solutions
- Work with Digital and Business stakeholders to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define user requirements
- Engage with Digital and Business stakeholders and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands
- Promote architectural consistency and usability standards; define and execute test cases
- Identify opportunities for business-led delivery; coach employees to make use of technology and information
- Leverage data and facts to identify patterns, uses judgment to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on the issues to identify high leverage intervention points and strategies
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends
- Act as business escalation point for operational issue for his domain
- Coordinate Roadmap delivery with our partners including incremental improvement
- Analyse, document and test program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Document training materials for the product area
- Deliver training to the end users, deployment and support teams
- Ensure on: time/scope/quality & cost delivery of Features
- Collaborate proactively inside the extended team (Design, Deploy, User & Business community)
- Support the analysis and resolution of solution issues as part of the third level sustain
- Design business scenarios and use cases for the product mix, including product introduction, specification and the change management required to maximize its adoption/value
- Work with Digital Product Managers to define the minimum viable product (MVP) that satisfies the business need
- Identify gaps in existing functionalities, options for improvement and opportunities for process automation
- Ensure that Role design/change (security & compliance) will be consider during the solution design
- Communicate the solution Business Value
- Partner with business and IS/IT to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements, pain points or opportunities into IS/IT requirements
As functional / technical expert of the solution:
- Ensure End to End delivery in his/her area of expertise
- Acts as Authority for his/her domain of functional / technical expertise
- Owns standards and practices related to his/her domain of functional/technical expertise
- Provides and guarantees a broad and strategic vision and understanding of a given domain of functional/ technical expertise particularly by conducting regular studies and watch campaigns
- Owns training in his/her functional/ technical domain
- Ensures that Digital Products/Solution/Computerized systems meet all controls to address applicable quality, regulatory (Data Privacy, GxP, SOX, etc.) and cybersecurity requirements and be responsible of deliver/validate compliant documentation on his domain of expertise
- (S)He will ensure compliance with the architecture standards and guidelines and ensure the correct interface between applications under the scope of responsibility
- Proposes total cost of ownership optimizations for his/her functional / technical domain of expertise
- Support Sanofi for audits and inspections involving computerized systems
- Contributes actively to Operational excellence: facilitating risk management and conducting/contributing to Problem root causes analysis , act as L3 support on her/his domain of expertise
- Provides inputs for selection purpose and/or performance monitoring concerning Statement of Work (SOW) with vendors and subcontracting partners
- Proactively upskill on the domain : develop sustainable functional competencies to support the business and develop expertise in the technical solution configuration (i.e. Veeva or SAP EHS)
On both business area / domain of expertise:
- Run maturity assessments and ensure adoption to the solution
- Contributing to implementation of sustainable action plans
- Contribute to the product roadmap implementation: deployment of the solution on new sites (fit gap analysis, design, build, test, cutover), implementation of new functionalities
- Experience in industry or consulting in Quality Management area
- Experience in pharma or consumer goods industry or Information Technology department as a major differentiator
- Full cycle project implementation in Quality Management
- Strong written/spoken communication with ability to articulate advanced supply chain concepts
- Results and processes oriented with analytical mind-set
- Dynamic, creative and receptive to new ideas
- Team working ability and mindset
- Transversal collaboration
- Business Acumen
- Problem solving
- Willingness to learn and put “hands-on” in technical topics
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now: constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his/her team: consider both short- and long-term impact of decisions; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level
- Taking action and don’t wait to be told what to do: take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward
- Role model our 4 values: teamwork, integrity, respect, courage
- Information technology knowledge and mindset
- Expertise on SAP EHS Module such as specification management
- Expertise on Veeva QMS modules
- Expertise on application integration process points with execution systems (SAP, LIMS)
- Quality Management business process
- Application Design and integration
- Agile practices as a plus
- Infrastructure engineering as a plus
- Continuous improvement as a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably computer science or field related to the product
- Advanced English
- Spanish is a plus
Play to Win Behaviors:
- Take action
- Act for patients & customers
- Think Sanofi first
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.