Head of China & JPAC Procurement
The Head of China & JPAC Procurement is an agile, self-driven and motivated individual taking ownership of the region regardless of reporting structure constructs. They are a senior leader in the region and role model for One Sanofi mindset and way-of-working. They work to maximize quality, performance, efficiency, and ESG/DE&I ambitions of procurement organizations transversally. They play a key role in connecting the dots and working to align global strategy to local ambitions across GBUs and business functions. This includes activities such as but not limited to global strategy review and confirmation, processes optimization, best practices definition & implementation, resources deployment, compliance to operational standards, and insight generation leading to specific programs. To achieve this requires strong interaction and communication across business and procurement categories at both regional/local and sometimes at global level. The Head of China & JPAC Procurement Head will represent the procurement function to with various internal business partners such as the regional CFO & Commercial leaders, as necessary at country council meetings and with external vendors. They may also engage in external executive meetings, as required by the Procurement Function. This position also double hats as China Country Procurement Head.
The nature of this role is that it requires a balance between on-going (business as usual) activities alongside the performance of activities associated to Change Management.
Business as usual
- Instills challenger mindset to review, edit and confirm approval of global strategies for application at local/regional level.
- Works with regional / country CFO and country councils to understand, confirm and support procurement pipeline with integration into budgetary process
- Collaborates with Procurement Excellence function to bring external perspectives into Sanofi
- Promotes a positive agenda within the China & JPAC procurement community, ensuring proper communication and best practices sharing
- Establishes and oversees means by which to monitor progress on key initiatives within the region and how to effectively express them
- Manages country procurement heads of Japan, Taiwan / Hong Kong, Australia, South Korea
- Supports the definition and organization design of China & JPAC Procurement Operations Team
- Supports re-alignment processes as necessary in the Procurement evolution and initiation of procurement tail end strategy
- Works with Domains to drive efficiency and streamline procurement processes by using Lean approaches and specific Procurement tools.
- Maintains a high and comprehensive knowledge and awareness of the different processes associated to Source to Value (S2V) and drives process improvement & user experience associated with them.
- Attends specifics SRM programs as voice of region to guide relationship with key vendors
- Develops and maintains a means by which to track and monitor HC & expenses for the region & works with Finance to align and ensure visibility
- Identifies gaps in knowledge of Procurement teams and/or gaps in provision of existing training/development and suggests means by which to enrich educational content to close these gaps with procurement training group.
- Builds network to understand available expertise and content within Procurement and Business Units for use by Procurement teams
- Explores novel technologies and applications of our vendor base, aligned with our domain team members, to understand how they can be applied.
- Is an expert on regional ways of working and provides expert guidance for Sanofi team as necessary.
- Contributes to talent management in region via calibration, mentoring and providing recognition.
- Supports alignment plans for the implementation of global procurement policies and oversees the process to completion.
- Identifies with Global Category Managers (GCMs) within the Domains the requirements regarding Risk/CSR/Compliance and highlights gaps for closure
- Maintains comprehensives understanding of Local Policies/Processes related to Risk/CSR/Compliance and ensures that these are considered across procurement strategies
- As necessary, coordinates with Domains the follow-up of required vendor evaluation processes such as they are related to Risk/CSR/Compliance
- May act as the lead for the deployment of any new tools and/or processes to be used by the Procurement team to support and improve Sanofi’s position on Sustainability
- Sets up a methodology to share and align on Priorities and Strategies in a matrix organization
- Establishes and helps to maintain a centralized knowledge repository for relevant data, information, and insight across the region
- Leads Communication programs within the region for all Procurement Team Members
- Works in conjunction with Global Procurement Communication team to provide inputs from the Region and to ensure adoption/awareness of key Global initiatives within the Region
- Identifies needs for generic communication materials across the region and leads in development of such materials in close liaison with Procurement Communication team
- Works with the Global Domains & Global Procurement Operations to foster a common culture and mindset amongst the team members
- Collaborates with colleagues within and across Domains to identify and benchmark practices to identify areas of improvement.
- Supports the deployment of the Procurement Digital roadmap within the Region
- Identifies means by which and undertakes benchmarking against other industries.
- Plays active role in supporting success of programs associated to CSR such as EcoVardis and Planet Mobilization
- Supports and performs the role of a single procurement contact within the region associated with key projects and/or procurement change management activities. This role to include without limitation:
- Confirmation and support of Project Plan
- Identification and mobilization of required resource(s) aligned with Domains
- Oversight of delivery as part of core group.
- On-going reporting as required by the Project Sponsor(s)
- Development and delivery of clear and impactful communication plan to all stakeholders both pre, during and post Project completion
- Bachelor’s degree. Post graduate degree such as PhD or MBA is preferred
- Minimal of 10 years’ experience in procurement, sales, finance or business-related functions
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Knowledge of best-in-class Procurement techniques and processes
- Proven ability to influence across all Management levels and across Business functions
- Demonstrable skills in leading and deploying change management initiatives related to accountabilities of the role
- Strong communicator with ability to adapt style and approach according to audience
- Consistency of focus upon delivery of outcomes and results
- High level of analytical skills and ability to utilize tools/systems accordingly
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent priorities/projects
- Able to quickly assimilate new information/skills and then disseminate to others in an easily understood fashion
- Holds an international and multicultural mindset
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to challenge the status quo
- Possesses strong competency in networking across various stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Role model in compliance and ethics
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.