- Location: Amsterdam (NL)
- % of travel expected: This is a field-based role. Travel expected in the country and occasional travel within the North Europe region
- Job type: 1 year contract to start with, full time.
About the job
Join Sanofi Netherlands as a MSL Manager in the specialty care Immunology medical affairs team. You will align the MSL team to the Dutch medical strategy across indications, in alignment with the Immunology North Europe medical strategy and the Dutch cross functional strategy, and according to the highest ethical and compliance standards. Moreover, you will oversee effective and efficient performance of the team and develop, coach, and manage the Dutch Immunology MSL team as their line manager.
About our team
You will join a high performing team with a can-do attitude to create and to deliver value to HCPs and patients.
- Demonstrate value for internal and external stakeholders via coaching, developing and leading the MSL team aligned to: (1) Omnichannel scientific engagement (2) Clinical and scientific insights generation (3) Support data generation (4) Internal collaboration
- Co-create/develop Country Medical Plans (in collaboration with Dutch Immunology Medical Lead), aligned with cross functional team and aligned with North Europe medical and franchise strategy). Develop subsequent MSL stakeholder engagement plans with the MSL team
- Lead team execution to ensure Dutch strategic stakeholder engagement plans and other key medical affairs initiatives are implemented whilst leveraging all available MSL tools (i.e. Scientific Engagement Model)
- Lead and guide individual and team development (clinical, technical and leadership skills) appropriately prioritizing elements of development through coaching, individual development plans and aligned training plans
- Monitor effective and efficient performance to ensure balance of internal vs. external facing activities is maintained. Ensure omnichannel engagement strategies are implemented
- Lead internal collaboration centered around insights generation activities and ensure data, facts and observations are gathered, reviewed and analyzed to be identified as insights and incorporated in strategic decision making
- Ensure a high level of expertise within the therapeutic area. As per need, manage Dutch MSL responsibilities for one of the indications within Immunology scope, including HCP/KOL collaboration, internal and external education, as well as being partner for the country cross functional team and aligned with the franchise strategy
- At least Master level degree in medicine or other life science
- Several years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including customer facing roles
- Team management experience
- Experience in interpretation of scientific and clinical data and dissemination to external stakeholders
- High degree of knowledge of relevant healthcare systems, the evolving medical landscape, regulatory and payer environment, public health and industry trends to accurately identify key issues, develop strategies and plans and to ensure appropriate engagement and omnichannel communication with stakeholders in a GTM setting
- Strategic mind-set whilst being target-oriented and results-driven, with an understanding of short- and long-term goals
- Proven ability to manage a complex environment, prioritize resources and motivate, guide and coach team members; experience gained as people manager, coach or supervisor is a plus
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written fluency in Dutch and English
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.