Assistant Biosafety Officer - VIE contract (W/M)
iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide. Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered. Please make sure to apply with your personal email address.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Assistant Biosafety Officer - VIE Contract (W/M)
Target start date: 1/02/2024
- Assist the biosafety officer (BSO) with updating and revising standard operating protocol (SOPs) to incorporate precautions, instructions, and critical controls
- Coordinate annual biological inventory updates and support with biological risk assessments
- Preparation of monthly biosafety Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) reporting requirements
- Assist the BSO with conducting laboratory/manufacturing area biosafety inspections
- Assist with administration of the biosafety program and other HSE department programs
- Assist on resolving biosafety and biocontainment issues in laboratories/manufacturing areas where biological materials are used
- Assist the BSO with investigations of accidents/incidents/exposures
- Assist the BSO in the development of HSE procedures related to biological materials and biohazardous waste disposal
- Attend the Biosafety Committee to assist with administrative duties
- Assist with chemical risk assessments
- Assist with other Industrial Hygiene topics as needed (topics can vary from asbestos management, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, occupational hygiene exposure, occupational health program)
- Master’s degree in biological sciences / microbiology / molecular biology / public health, or a related degree
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of scientific procedures, laboratory practices and equipment
- Basic knowledge and training in biosafety principles and practices
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene principles is a plus
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Willing to work around chemicals, biohazardous materials and animals used in laboratory and manufacturing settings
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.