Senior Medical Science Liaison
MSL Neurology South
- Location: Reading, UK
- Field based and office attendance when required
- Permanent, full-time position
About the job
This is an exciting time for a medical affairs professional to join as a Neurology MSL in Sanofi UK.
We are a team that gets things done no matter what. We have each other’s backs. We are evolving into a strategic partner that drives our business by raising standards of care. This is a team where talent will thrive!
The MSL is responsible for providing balanced, non-promotional high-level scientific and technical partnership to internal and external stakeholders for the benefit of patient care.
- Provides scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and experts.
- Is proactive on working collaboratively and cross functionally with other Sanofi Teams while retaining functional independence.
- Utilises strong business acumen and understands the Franchise strategy, acting as a key strategic business partner by providing actionable insights.
- Collaborates with Medical Advisors, divisional teams and appropriate personnel to execute the medical plans in the field.
- Plays a key role in identifying UK data needs and options of partnership with experts for generating evidence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NHS policy for disease area, reimbursement processes and patient referral pathways.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a scientific qualification, PhD level is preferable or Healthcare professional.
- Previous MSL experience required and particularly in Neurology Therapy area is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills including driving challenging discussions and experienced in the delivery of scientific presentations.
- Develop a good understanding of HCP communication preferences to adapt communication style.
- Competent to critically appraise studies and clinical evidence to allow engagement on higher scientific level with customers.
- Adaptable, independent and proactive working style.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and of regulatory processes (Code of Practice and MHRA) desirable.
- Ability to collaborate and share information to contribute to the planning process and execute the agreed Medical plan in line with objectives.
- Working knowledge of UK Healthcare Systems and external stakeholder management
- Good understanding of the continuum of data generation including clinical development, Real World Evidence (RWE) and data gaps analysis
- Implement true scientific engagement journeys by bridging channel disconnect to drive ongoing engagement and grow collaborative opportunities and meaningful scientific exchange.
- Be confident in the use of Omnichannel tools and ability to adapt to new channels.
- Effectively and compliantly share unmet needs of HCPs and their centres with cross-functional teams to inform patient centric strategy.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and committed to offering an interview to candidates who request to be considered under the Scheme and meet the minimum requirements required for this role.
If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to ask for adjustments to be made at interviews, please email diversity.recruitmentUKIE@sanofi.com so we can make arrangements for you.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.