Sanofi institute for Biomedical Research (SIBR) is the fourth Sanofi’s global research center and the first on in China, with the goal of advancing innovative drug discovery. SIBR is seeking multiple highly motivated individuals with master or doctoral degrees to join our institute located in Suzhou, China.
About the Opportunity
The scientist will be responsible to establishing display and protein engineering platform, initiate and lead biologics projects as a project head.
Position Overview and Key Responsibilities:
- Perform protein engineering to drive therapeutic antibody lead selection, design, and optimization for antibody discovery projects.
- Design and execute phage libraries for antibody discovery and optimization.
- Perform relevant molecular and biochemical experiments and provide scientific and technical knowledge to allow high-quality characterization of recombinant antibodies and other therapeutic proteins.
- Participate at group meetings/ research conferences and present work.
- Work collaboratively across multiple internal groups, participating on project teams to achieve common goals.
- Manage all laboratory and project documentation.
- Act as project head and collaborate with other cross-functional project leads in the design and execution of the program strategies and goals.
- Maintain updated knowledge of cutting-edge computational tools in protein engineering, apply such technical approaches for analyzing related data.
- Manage outsourcing activities to CROs to ensure timely delivery of qualified data.
- Perform literature survey and critical thinking, propose new modality or druggable targets to initiate new internal projects.
Qualifications / Requirements for position:
- PhD or M.D., with demonstrated expertise and achievement in an academic or industry environment.
- Sufficient knowledge in oncology or immunology at Ph.D. level, previous experience in either oncology or autoimmune disease centered project is required.
- Outstanding ability to work independently, attention to detail, time management and organisational skills, excellent communication and documentation skills is required.
- Experience with protein display technologies or previous work with therapeutic antibodies will be necessary.
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting in industry environment, understand and follow timeline requirement, accurately and timely report to manager, coordinate with internal and global colleagues to meet milestones.
- Excellent English in reading, speaking and writing.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.