Job Title: Benchmark Specialist
About the job
This position “Benchmark Specialist” is part of Sanofi Business Services (SBS), reporting to the Head of Benchmark, Improve and Change (BIC).
Sanofi Business Services (SBS) is a Global Business Service (GBS) team within Sanofi organized by key end-to-end processes such as procure to pay, account to report, customer invoice to cash, people services, and contracting. The Hub Strategy and Transversal Services team (HSTS) is driving the Hub strategy and development providing transversal services to SBS and to all Sanofi such as Automation, Connect to Resolve, Engagement, etc.
Part of this HSTS team, Benchmark, Improve, and Change (BIC) is the team owning SBS Continuous Improvement, Change Management, and Performance Management frameworks and their implementation across SBS.
The primary responsibility of this role is to be the focal point for Benchmarking and to support Hub Services KPIs definition and dashboarding.
The Benchmark specialist has the mission to:
- Plan, organize and execute benchmarking projects aligned with the SBS strategy;
- Disseminate performance culture across the organization via internal and external benchmarks;
- Maintain and advertise the SBS benchmarks repository.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify customers and their needs. Provide them with on-time updates and seek feedback.
- Proactively manage relationships with consulting agencies, peers, discussion groups, and other forums.
- Act as a sparring partner of Global Process Owners teams and the rest of the SBS organization to challenge their process performance vs. external and internal benchmarks
- Analyse data and propose reports.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop reports and dashboards as necessary.
- Maintain SBS Benchmark repository and regularly update stakeholders.
- 2-5 years experience in GBS / BPO Shared Services industry or consulting industry
- Experience in Benchmarking, KPIs design, implementation, and associated governance
- Knowledgeable in business processes such as Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.
- Knowledgeable in data analytics and statistical tool
- Soft skills:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including with Senior stakeholders
- Excellent networking and proactive connection skills with external peers and benchmarking companies
- Excellent written and oral communication & interpersonal skills, ability to develop high-quality documents
- Multi-tasker, able to establish and keep priorities and timelines, strong organization skills
- Able to facilitate effective meetings and make impactful presentations
- Able to work in an uncertain, constantly changing environment
- Self-starter, initiative-taker, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Strong collaboration mindset with the ability to work with a group of people with different functional expertise.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge/certification of Continuous Improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean Six Sigma) is desirable
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the business field
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.