SAP Solution Delivery - Finance Expert
iSHIFT - ONE ERP PROGRAM
- Location: Barcelona - Spain
- Type of work: Hybrid
- Full time
Sanofi is globally deploying its new back-office cross-functional system processes - covering Finance, SBS, Supply Chain and Trade across all GBUs - through the implementation of a Global ERP using SAP S4/HANA technology. This Transformation program aims at:
Enabling Global Business Units (GBU) & Global Functions with Analytics
- Common analytics by GBU and for Global functions to improve performance and cost management
- Transversal data consolidation as well as more granular analyses
- Common budget tools by GBU
Facilitating a seamless integration of planning and actual data setting-up automation in reporting to enable Global Shared Services (SBS)
- Support SBS strategy by implementing an end-to-end approach (e.g. P2P fully covered by integrated Group solutions from eBuy to AP Invoicing, T&E, etc.)
- Opportunity to consolidate new activities in Shared Services (e.g. Master Data Management, Credit Management) and to develop global Shared Services organization models (e.g. T&E)
- Support reporting factories
Simplifying processes and Sanofi users’ experience
- State-of-the-art global systems ensuring an end-to-end process integration while providing a simplified user’s experience
- Major changes to reporting or processes handled centrally at once
- One source of truth on master data and a common automated internal control framework
- Improved integration or divestment capabilities through a standardized methodology
ABOUT THE JOB
The Digital Finance Expert of the iSHIFT team is responsible for the design and the deployment of a single technical solution covering Finance standardized processes for A2R, P2P and CI2C in a single SAP solution for all businesses on all geographies.
You will bring your expertise of business processes and SAP solutions, best practices and possible improvements.
You will organize and deliver, for your stream, solution design and all project deliverables under Digital responsibility (SAP solutions design, implementation in the systems, all related documentation), for the Projects you are assigned to, for Project duration.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the context of the iSHIFT program, the main duties of the Solution Delivery Finance Expert are:
- Ensure that risks and issues are identified, formalized and communicated to the Solution Delivery Finance Team Lead.
- Ensure consistency of the solution for Domain and adherence to Standard and Core Model guiding principles (contribution to Design Authority).
- Contribute as Domain expert to AMS activities (project handover, L3 support & solution validation)
- Contribute as Domain expert to Integration topics with other domains.
- Ensure project delivery of the different project phases under the Co-Delivery model: scoping, design, build, testing, production cut over and post go live hypercare and knowledge transfer to AMS.
- Ensure Solution documentation & capitalization of knowledge; contribute to Knowledge transfer and upskilling as required; provide inputs & proposals for documentation templates & deliverable formats evolutions.
- Contribute to the iShift industrialization.
- Contribute to the improvement to project methodology together with the PMO team.
- Work with the Solution Delivery Finance Team Lead to handle Escalations with SAP, relationship with Max Attention team for Domain
- Use correctly the Program Tools for Domain (JIRA, HPALM, SOLMAN …)
- Contribute to Scoping studies
- Provide workload estimations for new scope to be deployed for Finance, or new functionalities to be implemented as part of Continuous Improvement
Design of the Solution
- Lead in collaboration with the Business Enablement team to the Global Design or Fit-Gap workshops in order to design the solution based on industry best practices, GBU & Global Support Functions business needs
- Propose adequate SAP solutions minimizing gaps with the SAP standard functionalities by challenging business requirements and specify for customizing and development the agreed solutions
- Perform impact analysis for application changes for SAP and satellites applications
- Collect and consolidate impacts for legacy systems
- Contribute to the design of transversal streams:
- Master data management and migration strategy
- Process controls
- Other Solution delivery Domain for integration topics
- Collect and consolidate all information on Finance required for Infrastructure and application landscape definition
- Deliver all design deliverables defined by the program and under Solution Delivery responsibility (e.g. Solution Documents, Functional specifications, etc.)
- Develop him/herself on the new capabilities provided by SAP S4HANA on his/her perimeter; contribute to continuous improvement of the solution with POCs
Development and testing
- Organize, complete, unit-test and document the configuration of the system
- Contribute with the development team to the specific developments (functional specifications update & inputs for unit test)
- Ensure quality of developments / Contribute to audits & quality KPI follow up
- Organize, document and execute integration and system tests
- Contribute to user acceptance tests and finalize the solution (address defects identified)
- Use properly the documentation and testing tools as defined by iShift Program
- Complete all deliverables defined by the program and under Solution Delivery responsibility (e.g. test protocols, test reports etc.)
Migration and go-live
- Responsible for migration activities related to the stream
- Document and execute cut-over activities related to the stream
- Update training documents & contribute to trainings on the Solution
- Ensure go-live support and hyper care activities
- Handover to AMS: Lead the project transition to AMS for her/his functional domain (including knowledge transfer sessions and handover of ongoing incidents)
- Contribute to AMS activities: provide functional expertise for complex topics and challenge / validate solution evolutions proposed by AMS team
Cross- project activities
- Be the Referent Expert for specific topics within Finance: Provide ad-hoc support to projects during Design phase and validate evolutions
- Maintain all reference documentation up to date
- Contribute to continuous improvement by keeping informed on new functionalities available for Finance Domain & contributing to Proof of Concepts / Prototypes
- Responsible to identify areas for Project industrialization
- Play active role under Agile methodology (scrum master)
- University master degree in economics, engineering or computer science or comparable
- 7+ years of SAP Experience preferably in the Finance scope
- At least 3 full lifecycle SAP implementations (all phases) including S4 HANA.
- Demonstrate a good track record in SAP design and customizing for modules related to Finance, preferably in a Pharmaceutical / Consumer Products industry
- Understands and performs SAP system configuration as expert in Finance including A2R, P2P and focus on CI2C
- Experience with good change control practices for SAP customizing changes (including use of SolDoc, CHARM, etc.)
- Experience and good knowledge in the analysis and design of Finance business processes, ideally within the pharmaceutical or similar industries
- Knowledge of other SAP functional domains as advantage.
- Experience with Master Data, IDocs/BAPIs, interfacing SAP with Legacy applications and program debug
- Operational experience in Domain area would be appreciated
- Proven experience working in major IT consulting firms as stream lead or functional expert
- Experience of SAP projects in complex and international environment
- At ease with Microsoft Office tools, and in general with IS tools
- Knowledge of Agile Project methodologies and tools, i.e., JIRA, Confluence, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of Finance related applications (i.e., High Radius, Paymetrics, Concur, Coupa, Blackline, etc.) is a plus
MAJOR SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Team player, service-oriented, Solution-oriented, social skills and strong ability to work in a team
- Dynamic, results driven
- Analytical and synthetic, able to formalize solutions
- Ability to analyse and problem solve user issues related to system design, process flows and SAP configuration, with consideration for other system impacts and implications
- SAP technical skills. Fair understanding of core SAP technical topics (Debugging, Fiori UX, Batch jobs etc.)
- Active listener, able to challenge requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- Able to convince
- Rigorous, autonomous
- Accountability and Reliability
- Internal: other iSHIFT teams, Business (Finance/SBS, Supply chain, Industrial Affair, Order to Cash), Digital partners and contributors (Application teams, Digital/IS, factories), Project Teams, AMS, Key Users
- External: Implementation partner team, other partners, SAP
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.