Clinical Trials Medical Advisor
Clinical Trials Medical Advisor
- Location: São Paulo/SP.
- 60% Remote working and 20% of travel expected.
- Job type: Permanent.
About the job
The Clinical Studies Unit of SANOFI is responsible for conducting clinical studies in different Business Franchises / Therapeutic Areas, which has the mission of:
• Provide state-of-the-art, competitive scientific and operational scientific and operational knowledge and capabilities to internal and external partners.
• Continuously improve performance through scientific, technological and process innovations, adding significant value to clinical studies and generation of evidence derived from such innovations.
• Tailor clinical operations to partner needs, from global first in line development to local/regional support of a new formulation
Brazilian Clinical Studies Unit is a global reference on project quality, productivity, and reliability, is a role model for clinical trial digitalization and continue to be source for talents and diversity to organization and clinical trials. The Brazilian Clinical Studies Unit is a strong local partner to accelerate experience on new products and to anticipate the miracles of science for Brazilian diverse patients.
- Medical Advisors provide medical and scientific expertise and guidance to investigators and CSU (Clinical Study Unit) staff performing clinical trials to ensure patient safety and scientific integrity of the protocol which ensures the reliability of information provided to agencies at submission.
- They are therapeutically aligned medical experts in the country/region for the studies/projects they are responsible for. They provide appropriate medical and scientific feedback to Local CSU operations teams as well as global R&D Medical Operations, i.e., Clinical Research Director (CRD), Global Feasibility Lead (GFL), TA early planning leads, global project team, pharmacovigilance, and regulatory affairs.
- They ensure the medical and scientific collaboration with medical functions in the respective Business Units in Brazil and with investigators, trialists, medical experts, and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the country, region, or global level.
- Proactively assess opportunities to enhance Sanofi’s medical/scientific value. Understand project needs and provide effective solutions when needed. Fosters relationships with internal and external stakeholders, even in complex environments.
- Providing local medical expert input into study design to help with the operationalization of studies
- Resolution of protocol related medical and scientific questions from sites
- Monitoring Team trainings on the medical and scientific aspects of disease, compound, and protocol,
- Country feasibility confirmation
- Setting of Diversity targets for assigned studies (where applicable)
- Promote the culture of Ethics and Business Integrity in your team by serving as a role model by ensuring appropriate knowledge and adherence to the principles of ethics and integrity, Sanofi policies and codes of conduct that regulate the pharmaceutical market.
- Comply with and promote Sanofi Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies in relation to the team it manages, which includes the Road Safety Program (Road Safety) with the purpose of preventing accidents, avoiding health risks, promoting the well-being of employees and reducing environmental impacts resulting from the execution of their work activities.
- Support Sanofi Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and initiatives to ensure all employees and partners are treated with respect and receive equal opportunities.
Experience: Previous experience in Clinical Research and/or Drug Development and/or Pharma Industry is a plus.
Soft skills: Advanced for Change Management, Interpersonal & Relationship Management, Emotional Intelligence and Problem-solving Skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Business Acumen, Clinical Development Process Knowledge.
- Intermediate Knowledge in Project Management, Risk Management and Data/Digital Analytics.
- Knowledge of ICH, GCP and local regulations.
- Presentation skills: Able to present in front of local stakeholders and customers as well as a diverse external audience
Education: Medical degree, ideally Oncologist
Languages: Fluent in English
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Attention to the Phrases Below
*Always aimed at the safety and well-being of our employees, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is an essential item for all employees, being present on the list of admission documents.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.