Provide sound, efficient and effective legal services and advice to the business units and support functions in Japan, including:
· Reviewing, drafting, advising on and negotiating various agreements;
· Ensuring timely and effective provision of legal advice to internal clients on a wide range of legal issues (such as data privacy, competition and intellectual property issues) and working with internal stakeholders to find constructive solutions to meet the objectives of the business whilst managing legal risks;
· Advising the business on any changes in laws and regulations and cooperating with the relevant functions to take necessary actions;
· Localizing and developing contract templates;
· Effective and efficient management and resolution of disputes/litigations/government investigations;
· Supervising external counsel and monitoring fees;
· Supporting new product/project launches in Japan;
· Supporting Mergers & Acquisition and Divestment initiatives relating to Japan;
· Reviewing, developing and ensuring compliance with legal policies and procedures, including conducting trainings.
Manage a wide rage of legal issues, draft and negotiate legal documents. Drive the cultural change of the Japan organization in collaboration with other functions including EBI, Medical and Regulatory. Proactively engage with the business as a strategic business owner.
At least 5 years of private practice and/or inhouse experience. Healthcare (Pharma/Device) experience is desirable but not mandatory. Experience in handling broad legal matters including M&A, commercial contracts, and dispute resolutions.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
· Must be a qualified Japanese lawyer (admitted to Japanese bar).
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Mature, confident, energetic and demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal and stakeholders engagement skills, analytical and organizational skills.
· Can work independently whilst being a great team player.
· Thrive under pressure and is able to handle multi-tasks effeciently.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Sound knowledge of Japanese laws and regulations.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.