A2R Services Head Romania
Job title: A2R Services Head Romania
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Job type: Permanent
About the job
As an A2R Services Head (Chief Accountant) you will be the Business Partner for the neighbouring functions (i.e. CFO, Treasury, Tax, FBPs, FinOps, Procurement, HRBPs, Commercial Ops, Supply Chain, Compliance, R&D Finance) and gate keeper for Closing and Reporting Operation.
As an A2R Services Head you will work collaboratively with Hub Team in Budapest to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time Group reporting. You will be in charge of applying and respecting the A2R core model and RACI alignment, securing transactional Tax activities and ensuring proper delivery of all Tax filings, as well as Group and Statutory reporting's and any country specific reporting.
Transactional activities are done by Budapest Hub, that you will closely collaborate with.
- Review, validate and provide local expertise in:
- Asset Accounting Management – inventory costing, valuation and depreciation, asset life cycle management, inventory follow-up and month end reporting
- Tax and Interco services – calculate tax and prepare tax returns; intercompany transactions
- Financial closing and reporting – monthly/quarterly and year-end closing activities
- Ensure detailed analysis and explanation of analytical change been provided for closing meetings
- Ensure all financial reporting been performed as per legal requirement, standard and Group rules (group accounts reporting, Statutory accounts reporting, MyTax reporting)
- Tax matters: ensure timely direct and indirect tax returns filings, ensure compliance for direct and indirect tax computation, control and filing (Income tax, VAT, Withholding tax, other indirect tax), as well as provide support in tax audits; Transfer price reporting
- Be accountable for any statistical or local reporting for tax or governmental organization
- Manage relationships with local external auditors and reports to Consolidation any expected failure to file the statutory accounts and/or any expected qualified, adverse or disclaimer of opinion from statutory auditors
- Monitor local and international tax legislation and inform interested parties about the changes; evaluation of fiscal risks and local implementation of group tax strategy
- Company representation with external (auditors, tax advisors, Romanian authorities) stakeholders
- Contribute to A2R processes, transactions and reports in compliance with Sanofi accounting policies, internal control guidelines and audit requirements
- Monitor operational KPIs to pro-actively manage execution issues
- Create, understand and apply best practices from within SBS or external best-in-class service organization
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, monitor performance across A2R processes and define corrective actions if required
- Participate in process automation initiatives and ensure seamless adoption and transition
- Contribute and support in projects global SBS projects/initiatives as local point of contact
- Several years of experience in finance environment
- Experience in Account to Report processes in an international and complex environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Tax rules: related to Indirect Tax (VAT, WHT) and Direct Taxes (CIT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in local accounting standards including IFRS
- Project management experience
- Committed and focused on results delivery
- Ability to work independently and to take ownership of tasks and processes
- Team player
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CECAR certificate
- SAP closing tool or similar
- Fluent level of English
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document, before applying.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.