MSL Rare Haem Gaucher
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Rare Haem Gaucher
- Field based position
- Job type: Permanent
About the job
- Works to ensure that any unsolicited request for information from Healthcare professionals (HCPs) is provided in an unbiased and accurate manner.
- Provides scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and experts.
- Works collaboratively and cross functionally with other Sanofi Teams while retaining functional independence.
- Supports internal training at the request of the division teams and/or regional team to ensure Sanofi teams receive up to date scientific, clinical and therapeutic updates in accordance with company approved materials.
- Collaborates with Medical Advisers, divisional teams and appropriate personnel to execute the medical plans in the field.
- Identify, collect and internally provide insights into medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities.
- Understands the Business Unit/Division strategy and provides scientific support to enable compliant delivery aligned with the medical plan.
- Identify and partner with Key Thought Leaders to broaden clinical experience and knowledge, identify the gaps in clinical data and when requested, facilitate further clinical studies and advisory boards.
- Plays a key role in identifying UK data needs and options for generating evidence. May participate in the planning of clinical trials ensuring that they are aligned to the short and long term medical plan. Knowledge and understanding of the NHS policy for disease area, reimbursement processes and patient referral pathways.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a scientific qualification, PhD level is preferable or HCP.
- Previous MSL experience and Rare Disease therapy area is preferable.
- Competent to critically appraise studies and clinical evidence so as to allow engagement on higher scientific level with customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, experienced in the delivery of scientific presentations.
- Adaptable, independent and proactive working style.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and of regulatory processes (Code of Practice and MHRA).
- Thorough knowledge of all products and disease areas.
- Working knowledge of the NHS, including the ability to understand clinical priorities and how processes work within this system.
- Awareness of clinical studies set up and maintenance-preferable.
- Able to build strong working relationships to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
- Ability to collaborate and share information to contribute to the planning process and execute the agreed Medical plan in line with objectives.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and committed to offering an interview to candidates who request to be considered under the Scheme and meet the minimum requirements required for this role.
If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to ask for adjustments to be made at interviews, please email diversity.recruitmentUKIE@sanofi.com so we can make arrangements for you.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.