Research Scientist - VIE Contract (W/M)
iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for: Research Scientist - VIE Contract (W/M)
Target start date: 01/11/2023
- Working as part of an international team for antibody discovery and characterization against several pathogenic targets
- Bibliography analysis on new technical development for antibody discovery programs
- Identification and implementation of novel approaches pertinent to state-of-the-art fields in immunology, antibody discovery, single cell approaches, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to support innovative, rapid, and disruptive methods and technologies
- Set up and perform experimentation with new technical developments and formal and informal presentation of results obtained in platform, scrum reviews, and scrum grand reviews
- Supporting the identification and acquisition of technologies and equipment
- Work independently utilizing various experimental techniques, with a willingness to implement innovative technologies and protocols
- Understand goals and identify own role in achieving them, meeting key deadlines that are set
- Document all work appropriately in electronic lab notebooks and perform laboratory support activities such as maintaining equipment and ordering lab supplies
- Work with contract research organizations (CROs) as needed
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree + experience in Immunology/Virology or similar with previous experience in antibody discovery, immunology, and/or molecular biology or similar field
- Ideally, first professional experience as a research or engineer in the above-mentioned subject areas
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and/or cell sorting, including experience with the associated software packages (e.g., FlowJo)
- Strong experience in the theory and performance of immunology and molecular biology methods
- Experience in analytics approaches and use of software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English language, French will be a plus point
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and a collaborative attitude to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to independently exercise judgment in daily duties, plan and execute experiments in a timely manner is critical
- Highly motivated, reliable, and well-organized individual
- Ability to learn recent technologies and concepts and apply them appropriately with supervision
- Experience with protein biochemistry and/or protein characterization (surface plasmon resonance (SPR), biolayer interferometry (Octet), ELISA) a plus
- Experience in single cell genomics approaches, NGS, antibody identification, and generation a plus
- Familiar with common software and tools for data analysis in the fields of immunology and/or antibody discovery will be a plus
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.