Manufacturing Sciences & Analytical Intern
Manufacturing Sciences & Analytical Intern
- Location (multiple locations increases diversity of candidates)
- % Remote working and % of travel expected
- Job type: Temporary- 6 months
For more than 20 years, our Waterford team has continued to grow and diversify to serve patients around the world. Today, a team of almost 800 work together at a state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical and medical device campus. Recognised through multiple local and national awards, Sanofi Waterford offers flexible working and access to a world of opportunities to grow your career at one location. As well as attractive benefits, the team enjoy access to an onsite gym and medical centre that underpin a strong commitment to health and wellbeing.
About the job
As well as offering you a great start to your career in an attractive working environment with huge opportunities, our aim is to equip each individual with the skills needed to be successful. The work you do will be no different from any other team member.
MSAT play a vital role in the support of Sanofi Waterford and the wider Sanofi network. As experts in the product, process and analytical technologies, MSAT are called upon to support the introduction of new products to site, drive life cycle management activities to improve our processes and support site investigations to ensure the supply of life saving medication to our patients.
Indicate here the main job responsibilities with bullets points, avoiding Sanofi corporate jargon, acronyms, and gender-coded words (you can check if your language is neutral on this site)
- Provide analytical chemistry services and support to Site.
- Knowledge of calibrating laboratory equipment as required. Knowledge of reporting processes and current deficiencies in GLP/GMP.
- Understand the importance of data integrity, recording results in a timely and accurate fashion. Understand the principles of cGMP and GDP
- Ability to work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems. Understand safe laboratory and work practices and methods
- Maintain, update and issue chemical methods, specifications, and SOP’s, in compliance to pharmacopeial and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with training of the analyst in areas of expertise and knowledge and in new methods, SOP’s, and updates.
- Update the Team Leader on potential problems and highlight improvements where possible by use of the normal communication means.
- Ensure all quality documents and records are complete and current.
- Ensure laboratory areas meet current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLP) requirements.
- Ensure relevant procedures are correctly defined and followed.
- Ensure that critical chemical testing and related equipment meets current validation requirements (IQ/OQ/PQ) where required.
- Ensure safety & compliance standards are maintained to the highest standards.
- Maintain training compliance.
- Maintain Good Documentation Practices (GDP) at all times including laboratory notebooks and analytical reports.
Experience: (not required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization.
- Ability to develop and translate strategy into action, utilizing a compelling narrative and motivating others.
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to improve oneself, the immediate team, and the greater community.
- Microsoft Office proficient; experience with data visualization and modelling tools a plus
Technical skills: (not required)
Education: (not mandatory)
Languages: Fluent in English
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.