Intern, Global Public Affairs Specialty Care, China and International
Job title: Intern, Global Public Affairs Specialty Care, China and International
- Location: Malaysia
- Job type: Internship (6 months -12 months (preferred)
About the job
The Global Specialty Care Public Affairs team for China and International supports the countries in China and priority countries of the International zone in the development and implementation of local public affairs / external engagement strategies (fully integrated with market access and communications) that meet shared patient and Specialty Care business objectives.
- Support the China and International public affairs team on strategic projects and plans.
- Develop presentations.
- Communicate with internal leaders working in different functions.
- Communicate externally with patient organizations, patients and healthcare specialists.
- Other responsibilities:
- Candidates would monitor and research global political developments as well as working directly on public affairs projects for Specialty Care.
- Candidate will attend team meetings and participate in country work, writing reports, preparing briefs, etc.
- Supports the Global Public Affairs team with planning, presentation development, budget tracking, contracts, development of an annual policy newsletter, meeting planning and communications.
- The intern will support team projects and be involved in project development and tactical implementation in the region. S/he will support engagements with public affairs colleagues across the global network and with internal and external stakeholders.
- The intern will report to Global Public Affairs for China & International and meet the needs of the team, including Public Affairs Managers in the region.
- Experience in public affairs, government affairs, health policy and systems, patient advocacy, or having held responsibilities in political and/or advocacy campaigns, awareness campaigns or having exercised a role in public affairs in industry or advocacy in a global organization.
Soft skills and technical skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with multiple team leaders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Strong interest in understanding and supporting the needs of patients and communities at the regional level.
- Project management experience in a highly complex environment.
- Undergraduate or Masters. Candidates is preferably enrolled in a degree in political science, economics, and express interest in public health and pharmaceutical policies.
Languages: Fluent English (oral and written).
Sanofi Behaviors and Skills
This position is required to demonstrate behaviors such as Stretch, Put the interest of the organization, Act in the interest of our patients and customers and Take Action. During the interview we will also be asking for examples of skills such as Strategic Thinking, Result Orientation, People Leadership (if applicable), Relationship and Influence.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.