Associate Project Manager
- About the job
This position is part of Sanofi Business Services (SBS), within Portfolio, Program & Project Management (P3M) organization and reporting to Elaine Chang.
P3M is the team managing Sanofi and SBS projects to deliver the strategic roadmap both now and for the future.
The role will provide project leadership to implement strategic SBS intiatives and will be responsible for managing and implementing projects to deliver value in the end to end processes. This role is focused on initiatives of high complexity, that can span transversally across end to end process areas and regions, in an environment with a high degree of interdependent changes and advanced technologies.
- Project management throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop & drive project plan(s) at the right level, identifying sequence of activities, durations, dependencies, milestones, deliverables, resources, etc. Ensure project methodology, operational policies and processes are consistently applied and adhered to (e.g. legal, regulatory, quality, internal control, etc.)
- Manage and report on actual progress against plan, providing regular visibility to overall project status (e.g. accomplishments, next steps, issues, risks, action items, interdependencies, etc.)
- Facilitate/lead project and transversal meetings and/or workshops as required, typically involving cross-functional teams at the global and/or regional level. Establish rules for decision making and issue resolution protocols that enable/empower teams efficiently and effectively.
- Prioritize, challenge, and resolve issues and proactively identify/manage project risks (e.g. Risk Assessments)
- Define & lead the change management components to increase employee adoption and utilization (e.g. stakeholder impact management, communications, training, etc.)
- Monitor progress of project for business value (benefits planned vs. actual), document lessons learned and best practices, and close out project summarizing achievements & improvements
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Proven experience in transitions or consultancy in shared services sector.
- Operational experience with processes is a plus.
- Proven track record of project oversight
- Soft skills:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication & inter-personal skills
- Self-starter, initiative-taker, and ability to work independently under pressure and deliver high level of customer service.
- Exceptional multi-tasker, able to establish priorities and timelines
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams, team members with indirect reporting relationships across multiple geographies
- Efficient analytical skills; attention to detail
- Adaptability to work in ambiguous, constantly changing situations, including flexibility in working hours to accommodate working with different regions/geographies
- Ability to develop high-quality presentations
- Technical skills:
- Programs, Project and/or Change Management certification (e.g. MSP, PMP, Prosci) is a plus
- Agile certification (e.g. Scrum Master, Product Owner, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies – Certifications in these areas a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a business or project management related field.
- Languages: Fluent in English (C1)
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.