(Senior) Medical Science Liaison - Fabry
About the Job
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) engage with healthcare professionals, institutions and payers, in a non- promotional manner, to identify and address their needs. MSLs use their scientific expertise to communicate and form partnerships to deliver the medical strategy, capture actionable insights and ultimately improve patient pathways and outcomes.
- To build and develop enduring value-based trusted partnerships, through scientific engagement and exchange, with healthcare professionals and institutions in a rapidly evolving healthcare environment
- To engage proactively and reactively with healthcare professionals, payers and institutions.
- To execute the Country Medical Plan.
- To generate actionable and valuable insights and propose solutions.
- To create cross functional partnerships and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- All MSLs comply with the local and corporate compliance frameworks for external and internal interactions and complete all global/local mandatory trainings.
Roles & Responsibilities
Scientific Engagement and Exchange
- Through scientific engagement and exchange, MSLs build and develop enduring needs-based peer- to-peer relationships with healthcare professionals, institutions and payers.
- MSLs understand their perspectives and needs in order to adapt and be relevant and valued.
- Acting as partners, MSLs identify areas of mutual collaboration, developing and implementing strategic medical action plans aligned to the Country Medical Plan.
- MSLs communicate in an accurate, fair and balanced manner, the benefits, risks, appropriate use and clinical value of our products and solutions.
- MSLs operate independently (with minimal supervision) and develops healthcare networks to navigate the complex local health care environments at national, regional and local level.
- MSLs generate and share actionable and valuable insights and propose solutions/actions in a timely manner, utilizing appropriate tools available.
- MSLs gather data, facts and observations on the external healthcare environment towards generating internal insights.
- MSLs work closely with their office based medical counterpart to shape, develop and co- execute the Country Medical Plan.
- MSLs develop and maintain an internal stakeholder network.
- MSLs provide scientific and technical support towards material development (aligned with relevant policies) for internal and external stakeholders, where applicable.
- MSLs provide scientific support for internal functions such as commercial, market access, regulatory/PV and R&D regarding scientific trainings and updates.
Supporting Evidence Generation
- MSLs support development and execution of clinical trials.
- MSLs identify potential data sources and develop partnerships for RWE.
Training / Compliance
- Complete all MSL SOP trainings and all other corporate assigned compliance trainings.
- Complete the MSL onboarding (and certification) program.
- Commits to applying and continued practice of the Scientific Engagement Model and Insights process.
- Continue to develop and maintain technical therapy area and soft skills.
- Create individual development plan aligned with career aspirations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Sanofi employee must understand of own roles and responsibilities in avoiding health risk (Health), preventing accidents (Safety) and environment protection (Environment). Involved in any such activities must comply with HSE policy.
- Medical, pharmacy or post graduate level science degree. (required)
- Fluency in spoken and written business English. (highly regarded)
- An in-depth knowledge of the disease state, therapeutic area, the relevant products in the portfolio and in the pipeline. (highly preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation skills to simplify complex topics, good negotiation and networking skills (highly preferred)
- Familiarity with omnichannel tools and being able to communicate via digital channels from remote (non- office based) environment. (required)
- A good understanding of (or prior experience in) clinical development and clinical research. The ability to critically evaluate clinical study protocols, reports and publications. (Highly preferred)
- Good knowledge of pharmacovigilance and local regulatory process and its impact on the product portfolio. (highly preferred)
- Strong business acumen, understanding importance of and being able to build strategic plans, collaborate with cross-function team, and implement medical initiatives. (highly preferred)
- Role modelling, upholding integrity and ethics values and adhering to high standards. (highly preferred)
- Experience with rare diseases, genetics, and/or cardiovascular diseases is a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of medical experience gained from sizable multinational pharmaceutical companies. Candidates with more relevant experience can be considered as Senior MSL.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.