Computational Scientist - (Machine Learning) Digital R&D Large Molecule Research
Computational Scientist – (Machine Learning) Digital R&D Large Molecule Research
- Location: Belgium,Gent
- % Remote working and % of travel expected: 50% remote and limited travel expected
- Job type: Permanent & Full time
About the job
New internal opportunity as a Computational Scientist in Gent. Sanofi has recently embarked on a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions to accelerate R&D, manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring better drugs and vaccines to patients faster, to improve health and save lives.
In alignment to our digital transformation, we have launched a new major strategic initiative in 2023: the Biologics x AI Transformation. This is positioned to be a unique data-driven team, with expertise in AI platforms, data engineering, ML operations, data science, computational biology, strategy, and beyond. We are working as one to identify, design, and scale state-of-the-art AI capabilities targeted to truly transform how we research biologics.
In this role work with other scientists to apply cutting-edge computation, Machine Learning/Deep Learning approaches to revolutionize our large molecule computational tools by contributing to accelerating and improving the process of design and engineering of novel biologics drug candidates.
- Apply and develop artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) approaches (e.g. classification, clustering, machine learning, deep learning) on pharma research data sets (e.g., activity, function, ADME properties, physico-chemical properties, etc.)
- Building models from internal and external data sources, algorithms, simulations, and performance evaluation by writing code and using state-of-the art machine learning technologies
- Close interactions with other Computational scientists, data engineers, software engineers, UX designers, as well as research scientists in core scientific platforms focusing on protein therapeutics, in an international context (US, Europe, China)
- Update and report relevant results to interdisciplinary project teams and stakeholders
- Advanced degree (e.g. M.Sc., PhD) in a field related to AI/ML or Data Analytics such as: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Biophysics, Computational Biology or Engineering Sciences is an advantage
- Familiarity with advanced statistics, ML/DL techniques including various network architectures (CNNs, GANs, RNNs, Auto-Encoders, Transformers, PLM etc.), regularization, embeddings, loss-functions, optimization strategies, or reinforcement learning techniques
- Proficiency in Python and deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn, Numpy, Matpilotlib is a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization and dimensionality reduction algorithms
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms to generate hypotheses
- Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance computational environments (e.g., AWS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong tropism for teamwork
- Strong understanding of pharma R&D process is a plus
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.