Intern - Chemical Technician
Job title: Intern - Chemical Technician
Location: Gul Circle, SG
This job is a 8 hours rotational shift.
About the job
As a member of the production shift team, the job holder will assist in the operation and monitoring the chemical production activities in the plant, ensuring that the product is manufactured to the required standards of quality in a safe, efficient, responsible and cost effective manner.
The job holder will report to the Shift Supervisor alongside other chemical technicians.
- Operate the different streams of the plant for their specific processes.
- Each of these processes comprises the following activities.
- Handover checks, computerised and/or manual. Obtaining, following and completing process related documentation. Assisting in charging vessels either manually or via a pump. Assisting in monitoring process conditions as required to start the process. Assisting in monitoring process; both with computer and manually observing temperature, pressure, flow, pH, volume, colour., etc. Assisting in transferring product to the next stage. Comply with Health Safety Environment and Quality policies and defined procedures. Inform unsafe conditions and acts. Propose procedures for correction.
- Record all operational and analytical data on the appropriate documents and inform the Shift Supervisor or Chemical Technician of any process abnormalities.
- Maintain product separation and accurate labelling of all documents, bags and vessels at all times.
- Carry out routine checks and assisting in scheduled cleaning procedures. Collect raw materials, observe clean areas procedures, monitor raw materials stock and notify Shift Supervisor for any abnormalities.
- Assist in preparing equipment before maintenance work e.g. depressurizing, cleaning of lines and equipment, de-energizing etc.
- To observe cGMP and Health & Safety rules and regulations at work at all times in accordance with Company set standards.
- To be aware of the potentially hazardous nature of the chemicals in the area and must take the appropriate precautions when using them.
- To operate ancillary facilities e.g. waste water treatment plant, tank farm, utilities and maintaining cleanroom environment, etc.
- Should have good understanding of safe working practices and cGMP required of a fine chemical plant.
- Must be prepared to work three rotating shifts.
- Must be resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and a good team player.
- Adequate formal and on-the-job training on the chemical processes will be given.
Sanofi Behaviors and Skills
This position is required to demonstrate behaviors such as Stretch, Put the interest of the organization, Act in the interest of our patients and customers and Take Action. During the interview we will also be asking for examples of skills such as Strategic Thinking, Result Orientation, People Leadership (if applicable), Relationship and Influence.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.