Medical Advisor Benign Hematology
- Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- 60% remote working possible and 40 % of travel expected
- Job type: 12 months fixed-term contract to start with, full time
About the job
Join Sanofi in our site in Amsterdam as Medical Advisor Rare Diseases & Rare Blood Disorders (RD/RBD) for the Netherlands with the focus on benign hematology.
RD/RBD is a unique, patient-centric field to work in with an exciting pipeline. The landscape for rare diseases is progressing rapidly due to new innovative therapies being developed. In this role you will establish and maintain a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders within (benign) hematology, be the scientific expert for our established hematology portfolio (e.g. TTP, CAD and Gaucher disease), be medically responsible for the successful launch of multiple pipeline products in hematology, develop and execute the country medical affairs plan and other key medical affairs initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, according to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
About the team
This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and diverse team with a creative and innovative mindset, and to experience among others the excitement of the pre-launch phase of products and join projects implementing Artificial Intelligence.
- Be the scientific expert for a range of therapeutic areas in hematology, including TTP, CAD, Gaucher disease, ASMD, ITP and future pipeline products
- Conduct internal and external education to enhance disease awareness. Organize advisory boards to gain insights and explore opportunities for collaborations
- Identify, develop and maintain collaboration with current and future Key Opinion Leaders in hematology
- Regular external scientific/medical presentations, e.g. scientific conferences, high-level scientific or business audiences. Participate in relevant congresses, symposia and other meetings
- Oversee and interpret new scientific data and literature and create medical and educational activities accordingly. Ensure high scientific level of expertise within therapeutic area
- Drive, coordinate, support and ensure regular follow up of medical -, investigator initiated - and RD/RBD research projects
- Provide strategical input and execution to local Medical Affairs plan as well as local communication strategy in alignment with the RD/RBD North Europe medical strategy, and other internal stakeholders, including medical budget
- University degree in Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related Biomedical area
- Several years of experience in pharma as MSL/MA and a strong network in hematology
- Experience in communication with medical authorities, hospitals, physicians /specialists and KOLs as well as other healthcare sector professionals
- Experience in interpretation and dissemination of scientific and clinical data
- High initiative and problem-solving skills, structured, and fast in decision making processes
- Strong communication skills strategic mindset, business acumen, team player
- Driving license and ability to travel within the Netherlands 40% of the time
- Oral and written fluency in Dutch and English
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary .
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.