Principal Scientific Writer
Sanofi Global Hub (SGH) is an internal Sanofi resource organization based in India and is setup to centralize processes and activities to support Specialty Care, Vaccines, General Medicines, CHC, CMO, and R&D, Data & Digital functions. SGH strives to be a strategic and functional partner for tactical deliveries to Medical, HEVA, and Commercial organizations in Sanofi, Globally.
The overall purpose and main responsibilities are listed below:
To create complex and specialized content without supervision; manage end-to-end publication/medical education content development process including documentation and approval in PromoMats/iEnvision; develop and maintain therapeutic area, process, and compliance expertise and help build/enhance the scientific ecosystem of SW teams under a given TA(s); Manage multiple projects across multiple franchises or therapeutic areas. Define and implement stakeholder engagement strategies and tactics and partner to provide strategic inputs to the development and Medical Communication plans (including but not limited to drafting strategic communication objectives, scientific communication platforms, lexicon); Coach and review content created by senior and junior scientific writers; work in close collaboration with peers/team to develop best practices; and collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- People: (1) Maintain effective relationship with the end stakeholders (medical scientific community) within the allocated Global Business Unit and product – with an end objective to develop education and communication content as per requirement; (2) Interact effectively with health care professionals on publication content; and (3) Constantly assist writers (senior or junior) in developing knowledge and sharing expertise (4) Partner with TL/GL to strengthen capabilities and support individual development plans (5) Collaborate with cross-functional teams in SGH (technology, CE teams) to build digital transformation/to bring innovative digital solutions (6) Provide proactive recommendations on improving scientific content of the deliverables and play an active role to follow the best practices in relation to processes, communications, project management, documentation and technical requirements
- Performance: (1) Provide publication/medical education material (slide deck, abstract, poster, manuscript etc.) as per agreed timelines and quality and (2) Provide strategic support with individuals and institutions, which may serve as resources for publications purpose (3) Be a subject matter expert, coach, mentor, and assist fellow writers. Recommend, lead, and implement tactical process improvements within the department and division-wide
- Process: (1) Develop complex publication/medical education material; (2) Act as an expert in the field of medical communication for the assigned therapeutic area(s); (3) Assist the assigned scientific communication team in conducting comprehensive publication-need analysis; (4) Implement the publication plan and associated activities for the year identified for the region; (5) Work with selected vendors within the region to deliver the required deliverables as per defined process; (6) Leverage advanced training delivery tools and techniques thereby enhancing the effectiveness of training delivery; and (7) Design an overall plan of action based on end-user feedback and improve course content and delivery (8) Understand budget estimates and support TL/GL with budget discussions and resource allocation
- Stakeholder: (1) Work closely with scientific communication teams in regions/areas to identify publication need and assist in developing assigned deliverables and (2) Liaise with medical department to prepare relevant and customized deliverables
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in content creation in particular Medical Communication (Publications, Medical Education) domain for the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or academia. >4 years of experience in leadership role is desirable
- Soft skills: Stakeholder management; communication skills; and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Technical skills: As applicable (including but not limited to therapeutic area/domain knowledge exposure; publication submission; and/or project management)
- Education: Advanced degree in life sciences/pharmacy/similar discipline or medical degree
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English language (spoken and written)
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.