Expert Screening & Assay Automation (limited until 31.12.2024) - all genders
About the job
Sanofi tirelessly continues its path towards becoming a world-class Biologics organization and it is expanding the capabilities in this area. The Large Molecules Research (LMR) organization consists of seven sites, focused on Antibody, NANOBODY® and next generation protein formats as therapeutic modalities. In this context, LMR Germany has a strategically important position as being the only site with swing capacity ranging from multi-specific Antibody formats through NANOBODY® molecules up to Antibody/NANOBODY® hybrids and fusion proteins.
The “Computational & High-throughput Protein Engineering” group is part of the LMR Frankfurt site in Germany. Our team utilizes cutting-edge protein engineering & screening technologies for the discovery and optimization of next-generation protein therapeutics. Within the team, we cover a broad spectrum of activities ranging from high-throughput protein expression, purification, characterization as well as data science and AI. If you are keen to push the boundaries of next generation protein therapeutics using robotics and automation and are keen to feed AI approaches with your data, come and join us!
- Collaborate with project teams to establish, automate, and run novel biophysical methods, assays, and screening technologies to determine kinetics and multi-parameter stability of protein-based therapeutics.
- Plan and execute experiments and research activities.
- Work closely with internal partners to apply state of the art data base and bioinformatics support solutions for data management and analysis.
- Prepare, analyze, and present data at internal meetings for project team discussions and decision making.
- Document experiments and results in electronic notebooks and databases.
- Openly share scientific expertise and collaboratively help the team to formulate solutions.
- Maintain the laboratory consistent with departmental and company requirements.
We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented scientist to enhance our high-throughput screening efforts for multi-specific protein engineering. In this role, you will establish, automate, and execute new biophysical screening technologies to optimize therapeutic protein candidates.
Education and professional Experience
- Master in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills, discipline in daily activity planning and prioritizing.
- A positive can-do attitude, passion for lab work and technology, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a highly interactive, fast-paced, team environment.
- Understanding of biophysical methods for protein analysis, including ELISA, protein interaction characterization (SPR & BLI) and protein stability assessment. Working knowledge of at least one of the technologies would be a plus.
- Data management and analysis skills (profound Excel knowledge indispensable).
- High affinity for math & statistics approaches and motivated to work with large data sets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (preferably German and English language).
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.