Head of Autoimmune T1D
At Sanofi, we are driven by one purpose – we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible.
We never settle and now we are creating a new paradigm with a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Diabetes (Type 1 Diabetes).
Our newest core asset, resulting from the acquisition of Provention Bio in General Medicines Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes space, aims at delaying the onset of stage 3 type 1 diabetes. This means that for the first time, people at risk of developing this lifelong disease have fresh hope. What delayed onset means is more time for children to be children with less healthcare and more care-free childhood. The delay also gives families and healthcare professionals more time to prepare care plans for a later diagnosis.
We now present an exciting opportunity for you to go further faster. If you’re excited by the prospect of bringing this innovative, first-in-class therapy to more people at risk then we want to hear from you as we build a great team who will work at the intersection of our growth in immune-mediated diseases and disease-modifying therapies in areas of high unmet need.
This is a chance to bring your Play To Win mindset, energy, expertise and experience to truly transformative and career-defining leadership roles where you can help change countless lives. In return, you will have a rare opportunity in pharma – the chance to help disrupt and delay a debilitating and widespread disease.
This really is a ‘prime time’ role offering you huge visibility and the chance to fast-track your career in healthcare.
Innovation, patient focus and disruptive thinking are all key threads of our Play To Win culture.
Our Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes journey starts now and you can help us chart a new course – not only for Sanofi but for preventive healthcare. Now is the time to add your strengths to ours!
We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary leader interested in shaping the management of people at risk of developing/or with T1 diabetes.
As the Head of Autoimmune T1D, you will be primarily responsible to develop, drive and implement the overall local commercial strategy for a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes and to lead the Autoimmune Diabetes (T1D) Franchise, including P&L responsibility.
You will lead the Commercial team (incl. marketing, sales, patient experience and support, pathway management) and oversee the local launch strategy definition and execution, supported by the Launch Lead and working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. You will also shape the long-term strategy and commercial team during the post-launch period.
Reporting to the Country General Manager, this role is strategically positioned to realize the ambition for T1D and building the commercial launch strategy of this transformative first-in-class therapy, contributing to the overall future success of Sanofi.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building up and developing the Autoimmune Diabetes (T1D) Franchise, incl. managing the local budget and P&L
- Driving key pre-launch activities to ensure successful local launch and developing a comprehensive local business case
- Leading a best-in-class T1D local Commercial team that will transform the paradigm of T1D, establishing T1D disease awareness, need for screening and an urgency for immediate intervention with HCPs
- Co-building with Global Brand Team (GBT) the Integrated Growth Plan (IGP), providing strategic market insights that feed the overall strategy
- Leading localization and execution of the Integrated Growth Plan, notably patient/customer segmentation, optimal patient/customer pathway/referral pathway (incl. identification and mitigation of local barriers to screening), stakeholder engagement, best-in-class Patient Support Programs/solutions etc.
- Collaborating cross-functionally (e.g., Medical, Market Access, Public Affairs, Communications) to define a broad stakeholder engagement strategy by understanding how stakeholders impact each other in ecosystem (e.g., COEs, KOLs, HCPs, DOLs, scientific societies, PAGs, policy makers, payers, think-tanks, etc.) and tailor engagement to their level of maturity in T1D journey
- Adapting and executing Glocal state of the art, multi-factorial stakeholder engagement to local context (incl. Omnichannel with compelling narrative/content)
- Defining innovative business models/partnerships with key external stakeholders to drive business growth and ensure a seamless patient experience from pre-screening to post-treatment (e.g., COEs/diagnostic ecosystem players to support stage 1/2 monitoring, diagnostic test generalization and accessibility, external vendors supporting PSP execution, patient digital solutions/apps, implementation of home infusion networks and services, etc.)
- Tracking key performance indicators/OKRs (Marketing, Sales & field teams’ performance, identification of at-risk patients’, customer/patient experience along the care pathway etc.)
- Monitoring and staying ahead of market trends and developments to drive improvements in business outcomes and customer experience
- Desired experience in Specialty / Rare disease / Type 1 Diabetes
- At least 10 years of industry experience in Commercial / Marketing roles with skills in brand planning, Omnichannel strategy, leading Sales teams with a strong focus on patient centric initiatives
- Demonstrated successful Brand P&L Ownership accountability
- Proven experience in successfully defining and driving commercial launch strategy for an innovative product requiring monitoring/screening and/or strong disease area shaping
- Soft skills:
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and vision, strong accountability
- Leadership and people development: Ability to build, engage and develop the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and drive performance
- Ability to collaborate with a range of different functions at Global and country level to achieve outcomes
- Ability to represent Sanofi to external stakeholders to build awareness, engagement, and a collaborative partnership in the best interest of patients
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and cultivate effective relationships, and to influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Strong ability to lead, simplify and move at pace large complex programs
- Ability to work agile, demonstrate creativity and be a strong team player
- Self-driven, results-oriented with ambition for optimal results
- Resilience, rigor and reliability
- Ability to build proper environment to enable Playing to Win culture to flourish (e.g., stretch & Patient focus)
- Technical skills:
- Experience in building partnerships with key stakeholders and leveraging Omnichannel
- Deep understanding of the entire local healthcare ecosystem
- Mastery in business strategy/ development
- Capability to deal with a vast number of information and prioritize according to business relevance
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Education: Advanced Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences, or a related field
- Languages: Strong communication and presentation skills in English and Japanese both written and verbal
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.